UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Bamboo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

Bamboo Empty
PostSubject: Bamboo   Bamboo Icon_minitime11/20/2010, 8:15 am

Since I put Bamboo shrimp in my 10G - I've gotten into Bamboo plants. So far I've planted about 8 in my 55G planted tank. This is the tank with Balas who munch on the majority of my plants - even make the swords look like some type of grass! (Do I actually have mutated Silver Dollars? - sometimes I wonder!)

I did purchase Bamboo that was already grown submersed. So there's been no issue with rotting.

So far the Bamboo has been untouched for two weeks. Maybe I've finally found the ultimate 'Munch-proof' plants (other than water mint). Not exactly the look I originally wanted for the 'Tropical Wetland' - but the Bala's seem to have fun thwarting my original plans.

**but the students are more interested in the 'sharks' and 'snake fish' (Aka Dinosaur Bichars) than any others in that tank - so I'm not getting rid of them. Bamboo 690297
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

Bamboo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bamboo   Bamboo Icon_minitime11/20/2010, 2:17 pm

Thats awesome...was thinking about getting some bamboo also...is it completely submerged or is the top still out of water.

Side note: oriental grocery stores (at least the ones i go to) sell it for $1 for straight $2 for curly
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

Bamboo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bamboo   Bamboo Icon_minitime11/20/2010, 2:36 pm

At Petsmart they sell curly four pack for $5. Try to find ones that are already grown submerged - they seem to do better.

Mine are completely submerged.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bamboo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bamboo   Bamboo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bamboo
Page 1 of 1