UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jm42
Private
Private

Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions?   Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions? Icon_minitime11/18/2010, 8:29 pm

Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions on what to put in it? I think i want to breed corys in it but i don't know yet.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions?   Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions? Icon_minitime11/18/2010, 11:15 pm

corys are always fun.

If I was setting up a 10G I would do a natural planted tank. Those are sweet!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions?   Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions? Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 7:12 am

10g is too small for most corys, they are all hyper and need the space for their mad dashes.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions?   Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions? Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 8:30 am

Do a natural planted tank with abunch of cardinal tetras in it.That would look sweet.
Back to top Go down
jm42
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions?   Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions? Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 10:36 am

BFinley wrote:
Do a natural planted tank with abunch of cardinal tetras in it.That would look sweet.

Good idea! I think thats what I'm gonna do. I would like to use some Dwarf Hair Grass but I don't know where I could get some around here.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions?   Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions? Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 10:38 am

Fishvixen might know. Also ask fern she might have some and dose ship usps for super cheap. usafishbox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions?   Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions? Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 6:18 pm

galaxy raspboas would look better IMO, they are a tiny pretty fish and would look good in there with some small leaved plants..... It would make a small tank look bigger.
Yup I have tons of plants, I'm shipping some out to vixen here soon so if you want some let me know and you guys can split the shipping, that would make it a medium flat rate box Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions? 393849
I have micro chain sword...... I think that's what it is fish I pay more attention to fish names than I do to plant names. If I like it I get it and grow it, that's how I do my plants and I sell variety packs for cheap.
Back to top Go down
jm42
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions?   Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions? Icon_minitime11/19/2010, 8:47 pm

Just ordered some Dwarf Hairgrass from a local store, It's a cool little plant that spreads along the bottom of the tank like real grass. It's supposedly AKA a "carpet plant". And thanks Fern I'll keep that in mind, I might have to order some plants from you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions?   Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions? Icon_minitime11/20/2010, 12:10 am

For hair grass be sure you have the right lighting, I use a clip on work lamp with a 100W screw in CF "daylight" bulb 6500K for my 10 gal plus it's in a window.
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions?   Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions? Icon_minitime11/20/2010, 12:27 am

I see micro swords all the time at fish stores they make a nice ground cover...they need a bit of light though. Another Idea is to take craft mat(plastic mat with holes used to make loop rugs and such) add java moss and makes a nice looking ground cover you can cut into designs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions?   Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Setting up a 10 gallon tomorrow, any suggestions?
Page 1 of 1