UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Updates: Funds for Felix, New tanks etc...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa

Updates: Funds for Felix, New tanks etc... Empty
PostSubject: Updates: Funds for Felix, New tanks etc...   Updates: Funds for Felix, New tanks etc... Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 12:50 pm

Ok, so awhile back I ran the Funds for Felix fund raiser so that my sick pup could get his much needed blood work, and meds...

We determined that he was allergic to wheat, and corn.

And he didn't have mange.

Well, since then, he developed Entropian, which is a curling inwards of the eyelids, which irritate and ulcerate the eyes, and can cause the dog to go blind if not fixed. The only permanent way to fix this is surgery... It's a $5,000 surgery! I called up my vet, hysterical that we would have to put him down, and she said.. "bring him in, and I'll have a look at him."

Brought him in, and $150 later, he's all better! Butttttt.... with a good comes a bad...

After finding his allergies, we switched him to Taste of the Wild food, and raw chicken. He started growing his fur back, and all was great!

Then he had to go back on Cephalexin (antibiotic) for his eyes, and he broke open with sores and started losing his hair again... Allergy #3 detected. But, he gets his stitches removed Thursday, and he'll be good as new!

I finally got my 125 gallon tank set up.. It's housing my Jag Cichlid (Harry)- my RedTailxTSN hybrid (Carlos)- 3 Silver dollars I recently acquired, and 3 Senegal Bichirs! I LOVE my BICHIRS!!!

I will post pics asap!

I also got our 150 tank down stairs, and that is soon going to be the new Frontosa tank.

Tomorrow I will be getting 12 2" Calvus babies!!! I am soooo excited! And I will also be getting 7 2" Kavala frontosa's as well! Tomorrow is going to be a great day!

On the bad note, I will probably be trolling Fish box today, as I have a Kidney Infection and i am stuck at home. No working for me :(

But i love fish box, just been having a busy life.

PICS will be added shortly! :)

Last edited by mshill90 on 11/5/2010, 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: Updates: Funds for Felix, New tanks etc...   Updates: Funds for Felix, New tanks etc... Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 12:54 pm

Wow When it Rains it Pours....Hope you and your dog get better soon
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Updates: Funds for Felix, New tanks etc...   Updates: Funds for Felix, New tanks etc... Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 1:04 pm

Sorry to hear about the bad news but atleast you have some good to look forwardd to. Keep us updated.
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: Updates: Funds for Felix, New tanks etc...   Updates: Funds for Felix, New tanks etc... Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 1:09 pm

Updates: Funds for Felix, New tanks etc... 100_5110

Updates: Funds for Felix, New tanks etc... 100_5111

Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: Updates: Funds for Felix, New tanks etc...   Updates: Funds for Felix, New tanks etc... Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 9:32 am

So updates on the fishhhh....

The calvus, and comps were supposed to be 1.5"- when we got them they were barely .5"! I am so mad! They are sooo tiny and I know they are slow growers.

But, we got 3 whites, 3 inkins, 3 yellow, and 4 sunshines..

We also got the 7 fronts, which are 2". They are great.

Before picking these guys up, we went to the pet store, and ended up getting 5 Geophagus "Demon" earth eaters for our 110. Woot!

Now we are going back again to get a variegated African Shark ($50), a Gold Face Comp 4" ($40), and a 2" Inkfin calvus ($12)!

I'm excited... Pics coming soon!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updates: Funds for Felix, New tanks etc...   Updates: Funds for Felix, New tanks etc... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updates: Funds for Felix, New tanks etc...
Page 1 of 1