UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Funds for Felix

Go down 
    +3
    KMX
    BLimon
    mshill90
    7 posters
    Go to page : 1, 2  Next
    AuthorMessage
    mshill90
    USA Fishbox Sponsor
    mshill90

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/5/2010, 11:54 pm

Hi... Many of you don't know me, but some of you do. My name is Melissa. I've been in the fish hobby for about 8 years now (since I was a kid) and it's wonderful. It's a dream of mine to become a fish vet, but my I have a passion that is even more complex and heartfelt than fish. And that's Dog rescue, preferably Bully Breed rescue.

I have 4 Pitbulls, and they are all rescues. 2 of them were "let's get a dog, and then oh, it's lonely let's get it a friend." The 3rd one we drove in a blizzard at 3 am to get, and he's been by my side ever since. Then we have the 4th one.

Felix. Felix is a year and half old. I got him back in May of 2009 when he was only 3 months old. His previous owners adopted him from our local "Humane" Society. He was born in there. He had started to develop a skin problem once he got settled with them, and they took him to the vet and found out that he has Demodectic Mange. For puppies, it is 90% treatable, as it's just an over population of mites at once on their body, and they assistance getting them under control. Some dogs who are not treated, or treatments don't work, it's normally a sign that there is another more complex underlying issue within. So Felix's owners started taking him to the vet every 10 days for Mitaban Dips. Mitaban is almost like a pesticide that they get bathed in, and then they must air dry. Well, that was costing them $80 a visit. And it got to the point where they couldn't afford it, and they were going to put him to sleep. They posted him on Craigslist and stated in there that someone needs to take him or he was going to be put down in 24 hours. Well, doing rescue out of my home, and already having 2 that needed to find homes at the time, I didn't want to take him in (no space), but I wanted to give the owners other options. Needless to say, they just straight up didn't want to deal with him. So I told them to bring him over asap.

Well, when they brought him over, it took me all I could do to keep me from killing them. They were feeding him a half a cup of food a day, and a half a cup of water. They kept a cone on him at all times for over a month. He was emaciated, had no fur, and his neck was raw from the cone rubbing and being so tight. They told me not to take the cone off because he would do nothing but itch.. As soon as they left the cone came off, and the only time it was ever back on was when he would get his dips because he would lick his fur.

I then told the "Humane" society that I had one of their dogs so they can update their info on who his owners are. They told me that they were having the dog warden come over because I was in possession of stolen property, and that I needed to bring him over asap because he needs to have a humane euthanization, as Demodectic mange is HIGHLY contagious. Well, I was NOT going down with out a fight, and I told them that they would never get Felix back. I don't care if I had to go to jail for it. After that, they never contacted me again.

So... you are all reading this long story and you're waiting for me to get to the point..

Well, Felix was doing very well with his mange, but he has lately started breaking open in large boils (palm sized) that are oozing blood clots. He needs extensive blood work that I simply can not afford all by myself. I have given up what I could to go towards his treatments, which didn't even work, and I am really out of luck with what I can do. In order to beat his mange I have to have blood work done so we can see what's going on with his body. I have gotten quotes from all over for his blood work, and we are looking at $500 for all his work, and meds. I even gave up rescue when I got this little guy because I knew he would be a handful or hard work. I do want to mention that I have tried to find someone to take him who can afford his treatments, but no one wants him, and after a year, he's a part of the family.

I spoke with Kory about this, and he gave me permission to post this, so here is what I am offering so that you can help him, and you still get something out of it.

We are going to make 6x6" decals of your choice design and color, and we are going to be selling them for $10, and I will also throw in a free USAFishbox decal with it. ALL proceeds go to Felix's medical expenses and I will keep you all updated with pics and news on his progress.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me!

Felix is an amazing dog, and it's either treat him, or put him down, and I can't abandon him yet. I can't just give up on him this soon. He's is the best dog anyone could ask for.

He's also got a facebook page: Search for Felix Sell

Funds for Felix 100_4510

Funds for Felix 100_4610

Funds for Felix 100_4813

Funds for Felix 27730_10

Funds for Felix 27730_11

Funds for Felix 27730_12

Funds for Felix 27730_13

Back to top Go down
    mshill90
    USA Fishbox Sponsor
    mshill90

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/5/2010, 11:59 pm

***Note***

The last picture was taken in June.

The one of him laying on the pillow is him last weekend.

And he looks even worse now.
    Back to top Go down
    BLimon
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant
    BLimon

Favorite Fish: : *In my 10g Tank: 3 Lemon Tetras, 2 Zebra Danios, 3 Bleeding Heart Tetras and 1 Pleco.
    *In my 55g Tank: 1-1" Gold Angelfish, 1-1" Marbled Angelfish, 2-2" Dwarf Gourami, and a 5" Pleco
    *In my 29g Tank: a DIY 3D Background with IMAGINARY water & fish LOL

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/6/2010, 12:27 am

I have no money right now but I will see what I can do to get some money in my card to donate for Felix. I know how it is to bring in rescues because no one wants them. I even had my picture posted on craigslist stating I was a criminal and stole someones dog when I saved her life because her no good owner was dragging her while she was pregnant and she could barely walk. I paid the guy 300 for her and she gave birth 3 days later to 6 puppies but we were unable to save the puppies. I will be sending you a pm tomorrow if I am able to get some money. Good luck with Felix and I hope he gets the treatment he deserves.
    Back to top Go down
    KMX
    Admin
    Admin
    KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/6/2010, 8:18 am

I am in. Anyone want to do a group buy in this area? Let's go peeps. $10 to help save a dogs life is priceless.
    Back to top Go down
    JACK D
    Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
    Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
    JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/6/2010, 8:47 am

I am in. Moms had one just like him & I bet you find the samething she did. Bear was allergic- to everthing!!! He was a mess, but she did him right. She took the carpet out, new furniture, special food, it was something else. PM sent...
    Back to top Go down
    pillierox1
    Lieutenant General
    Lieutenant General
    pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/6/2010, 2:51 pm

wen i can giv u 10 buck ill send it to u, but it will be my next paycheck whcih is this wed.
    Back to top Go down
    KMX
    Admin
    Admin
    KMX

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/6/2010, 7:04 pm

usafishbox
    Back to top Go down
    mshill90
    USA Fishbox Sponsor
    mshill90

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/6/2010, 7:14 pm

I wanted to let you all know that I am trying to find a vet in which I can book an appointment for his blood work, but I keep getting recommended to different places. So, we're trying to get something!

So far we've raised $0.00
    Back to top Go down
    Mlegion1988
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant
    Mlegion1988

Favorite Fish: : Oscars, African Cichlids

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/6/2010, 10:24 pm

I have a spare $20, I'll see what I can do next week as well.
    Back to top Go down
    Mlegion1988
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant
    Mlegion1988

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/6/2010, 11:32 pm

yay i made the first "official" donation : )
    Back to top Go down
    mshill90
    USA Fishbox Sponsor
    mshill90

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 12:05 am

Yes! Thanks so much!

We have now raised $20!
    Back to top Go down
    pillierox1
    Lieutenant General
    Lieutenant General
    pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 8:25 am

awesome ill try to put some more money in there!!! but im in tight money at this time tho argh stupid ticket
    Back to top Go down
    mshill90
    USA Fishbox Sponsor
    mshill90

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 10:13 am

For any of you that want to donate now, you can paypal money to mshill90@gmail.com and in the message put "for Felix".

Then please send me an email noting what type decal you want, or you will automatically get a "SAVEABULL (pawprint)" decal, with your Fishbox decal as well.
    Back to top Go down
    mshill90
    USA Fishbox Sponsor
    mshill90

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 9:49 pm

Bump. + update

Felix's wounds are healing over, so no more oozing for now, unless he scratches them open.

I found a vet to do his bloodwork, just gotta get the funds! HELP!!!!
    Back to top Go down
    mshill90
    USA Fishbox Sponsor
    mshill90

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/8/2010, 7:44 pm

Here are some pics of Felix just taken..

He's looking pretty bad. His large sore broke open today, and it's bleeding.

Not to mention that he's scratched his eye, and he hasn't opened it in a week. I believe something may be stuck in there as he is itching it a lot.

He's just not having much luck.

I am looking to get him into the vets soon, so hopefully we can get him some help.

Funds for Felix 100_4910

Funds for Felix 100_4911

Funds for Felix 100_4912
    Back to top Go down
    KMX
    Admin
    Admin
    KMX

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/8/2010, 7:56 pm

Poor felix. If I had deep pockets I would just send the check. unfortunitly it is not that easy. I hope you can get what you are looking for.
    Back to top Go down
    mshill90
    USA Fishbox Sponsor
    mshill90

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/8/2010, 7:58 pm

KMX wrote:
    Poor felix. If I had deep pockets I would just send the check. unfortunitly it is not that easy. I hope you can get what you are looking for.

I would be ok with making payments at the vets, but they won't do that around here, or I wouldn't need the help.

Back to top Go down
    mshill90
    USA Fishbox Sponsor
    mshill90

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 9:24 pm

Ok, so update:

I have EXTREMELY good news, and disappointing news.

I applied for a credit card this morning so I can take Felix to the vet and then just pay the card off little by little. I have never had ANY credit cards, or loans or anything that would show up on my credit. After I apply, they told me I was denied because I have too many things on my credit report that are in the negatives..

Here, my identity was stolen, and they took out loans and credit cards out under my name. Ugh, so I am in the process of getting that fixed. That ruined my day.

So I was telling my dad about it, and how I wasn't worried about my credit, I just wanted Felix to get fixed. So my dad and I get off the phone, and he calls me back, and goes "schedule the soonest appointment for Felix that you can, and I will meet you there and I will pay for it. Just don't tell mom! lol" I can't tell you how much that lifted a HUGE burden off of my shoulders. I am crying just writing this. I can't finally get Felix help. He won't have to suffer anymore.

Every night I google search and I try and try to justify euthanization, and I just can't. I can't give him a death sentence. I am not God. I am going to do my best to spoil him, as his vet appointment is Friday morning. I want to do everything I can for him because I Might have to put him down. I am trying to brace myself for what ever might happen.

So that's the Wonderful part. Here comes the bad-

Felix's eye is getting worse. It seems he has a cherry eye, but I am not sure if that is what it is.. I hope it's fixable.

AND- My idea was to cut out vinyls, and try to sell them... But my vinyl cutter is now broken. Well, it's not broken, but the lisensing is not working anymore, so I am stuck.

So any that have donated, please know that I will make your decals asap!

Our Felix fund is up to: $75.50 banana dance
    Back to top Go down
    BLimon
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant
    BLimon

Favorite Fish: : *In my 10g Tank: 3 Lemon Tetras, 2 Zebra Danios, 3 Bleeding Heart Tetras and 1 Pleco.
    *In my 55g Tank: 1-1" Gold Angelfish, 1-1" Marbled Angelfish, 2-2" Dwarf Gourami, and a 5" Pleco

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 9:33 pm

ABout the redness in his eyes its probably an infection. My dog Beaux had that and I took him to the vet they were going to give me a Rx for it but the doctor was like just put neosporin. try neosporin. If anything it wont hurt him.
    Back to top Go down
    mshill90
    USA Fishbox Sponsor
    mshill90

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 9:36 pm

BLimon wrote:
    ABout the redness in his eyes its probably an infection. My dog Beaux had that and I took him to the vet they were going to give me a Rx for it but the doctor was like just put neosporin. try neosporin. If anything it wont hurt him.

No, he does have an infection, but the redness is completely covering his eye. It looks like the under side of an eyelid. ew.. I have prescription ointment for his eyes, but it didn't do a thing at all.
    Back to top Go down
    BLimon
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant
    BLimon

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 9:41 pm

Hmm ... my dog had an infection cause he ran off and went into the creek after it rained for a swim and came back with puffy swollen eyes that were blood shot red. I took him to the vet and they were going to prescribe me something but told me to use neosporin. I did that for about 4 days and it went away. Regular neosporin not the ones for pain or anything.
    Back to top Go down
    mshill90
    USA Fishbox Sponsor
    mshill90

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 9:43 pm

BLimon wrote:
    Hmm ... my dog had an infection cause he ran off and went into the creek after it rained for a swim and came back with puffy swollen eyes that were blood shot red. I took him to the vet and they were going to prescribe me something but told me to use neosporin. I did that for about 4 days and it went away. Regular neosporin not the ones for pain or anything.

The stuff I have is prescription antibiotic neosprin type ointment from when my girl dog scratched her eye by running into a stick. lol.

It's not bothering him, so I will just wait until Friday, but thanks for the tips.
    Back to top Go down
    BLimon
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant
    BLimon

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 9:45 pm

Well I really hope Felix gets better soon. My prayers are with you and I'm sorry I wasnt able to contribute at this time. I'm on disability and I never have money. If it werent for my dad paying the internet I wouldnt be here.
    Back to top Go down
    mshill90
    USA Fishbox Sponsor
    mshill90

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 9:46 pm

BLimon wrote:
    Well I really hope Felix gets better soon. My prayers are with you and I'm sorry I wasnt able to contribute at this time. I'm on disability and I never have money. If it werent for my dad paying the internet I wouldnt be here.

Oh, I understand not having money. Prayers are just as good as anything!
    Back to top Go down
    Mlegion1988
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant
    Mlegion1988

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime8/11/2010, 10:16 pm

Good luck for friday! I hope everything turns out good : )
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

Funds for Felix Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Funds for Felix   Funds for Felix Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Funds for Felix
    Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next