UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

all these tanks and i am stumped

Go down 
+2
sal
jessecichlidguy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

all these tanks and i am stumped Empty
PostSubject: all these tanks and i am stumped   all these tanks and i am stumped Icon_minitime10/18/2010, 10:40 pm

i have 2 60 gallon sump tanks and 5 60 gallon 40 gal 30 gal and a 25 gal and i hooked up 2 300 watt heaters to the sump but if thats not enough whats the other alternative way of heating my tanks that will keep the cost of electricity down
Back to top Go down
sal
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
sal

Favorite Fish: : All Cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: all these tanks and i am stumped   all these tanks and i am stumped Icon_minitime10/19/2010, 12:10 am

I tried something similar in the past and I couldnt get 2 300W heaters to warm 8x 60gl's with a sump. The circulation was to fast for my heaters to make a good enough differance. I just went with one 200W in each tank durring the fall and winter and no heaters in spring and summer. I might be getting out of the hobby for a while if I land this job that will take me out of the state for weeks at a time, If it happens i will let you know if I have to sell my garage racks and fish. I'll find out in about two weeks.( still going through background checks and all of that).
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: all these tanks and i am stumped   all these tanks and i am stumped Icon_minitime10/19/2010, 4:26 am

Let me know Sal if you stuff you dont want and want to get rid off
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: all these tanks and i am stumped   all these tanks and i am stumped Icon_minitime10/19/2010, 7:06 am

I use 1 or 2 floor heaters. Keeps the room warm and I dont have to mess with heaters for any tanks. It dose not heat the tank up to 80 or anything but gets me threw the winter.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: all these tanks and i am stumped   all these tanks and i am stumped Icon_minitime10/19/2010, 7:15 am

KMX wrote:
I use 1 or 2 floor heaters. Keeps the room warm and I dont have to mess with heaters for any tanks. It dose not heat the tank up to 80 or anything but gets me threw the winter.

all these tanks and i am stumped 858205 all these tanks and i am stumped 858205 but i would just get a bigger heater too thats an option..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: all these tanks and i am stumped   all these tanks and i am stumped Icon_minitime10/19/2010, 7:45 am

I use space heaters, cheaper and safer!
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: all these tanks and i am stumped   all these tanks and i am stumped Icon_minitime10/19/2010, 8:55 am

I only use heaters in the summer do to the house been cold from the ac in winters i dont use heater due to the apartment is always warm.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: all these tanks and i am stumped   all these tanks and i am stumped Icon_minitime10/19/2010, 9:32 am

i tottalllly agree!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: all these tanks and i am stumped   all these tanks and i am stumped Icon_minitime10/19/2010, 11:54 am

I agree with space heater but always have 2 or 3 heaters on hand in case I need to increase the temp in a certain tank. (which I'm doing now due to ich)
Back to top Go down
sal
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
sal

Favorite Fish: : All Cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: all these tanks and i am stumped   all these tanks and i am stumped Icon_minitime10/19/2010, 12:37 pm

jaiko1975 wrote:
Let me know Sal if you stuff you dont want and want to get rid off
Sure will, but only if i get the job, Im one of 50 applicants that made it this far but there is no guarintee. I'll keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

PostSubject: Re: all these tanks and i am stumped   all these tanks and i am stumped Icon_minitime10/19/2010, 6:27 pm

thanks guys but also remember my set up is in the garage which isnt drywalled or insulated
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: all these tanks and i am stumped   all these tanks and i am stumped Icon_minitime10/19/2010, 6:54 pm

you don't need to keep it at 100 degrees. Look on CL for a construction grade portable heater.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: all these tanks and i am stumped   all these tanks and i am stumped Icon_minitime10/19/2010, 8:02 pm

Mine isn't either, I just run a space heater and one large tank heater in the sump, it keeps it warm enough.
My fish room isn't insulated either, just block walls with some drywall.

Just get yourself a 'large' room size ceramic space heater, make sure its got the tip over safety on it and put it in the center of the room and add a few fans if the heat isn't circulating well enough.
Supplement the tanks that you need warmer with a tank heater.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: all these tanks and i am stumped   all these tanks and i am stumped Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

all these tanks and i am stumped
Page 1 of 1