UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

New Planted Discus Tank

Go down 
+10
snowflake311
BFinley
pillierox1
CajunGator
wildbeanerz
kleankord
Janie
alan j t
alkomist
cyberluu
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cyberluu
Private First Class
Private First Class
cyberluu

Favorite Fish: : To stock: Nemo
To Eat: Tuna & Salmon

New Planted Discus Tank Empty
PostSubject: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 11:33 am

Let me know what you think of my new discus setup.

90 Gallon Custom Tank
Rena XP3 and Fluval 405 Filters
Corallife Deluxe Lighting
12 Discus (Pigeons, Red Dragons, Blue Diamonds)
12 Red Miners
12 Cardinal Tetras
Live Plants (rosetta, java fern, anubias)
Texas holey rocks
2 pieces of driftwood

***Yes I know the back of the tank is still ugly and working on ways to hide the piping and tubing.**** lol!

New Planted Discus Tank Imag0012

New Planted Discus Tank Imag0011

New Planted Discus Tank Imag0013

New Planted Discus Tank Imag0014

New Planted Discus Tank Imag0015
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 11:37 am

you have 12 discus in their?????????? lol
what are the dims on that tank?
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 11:49 am

i love it!
12 discus huh, yikes thats alot.a ha
ya whats the dimesions of that tank.
nice plants.
Back to top Go down
Janie
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
Janie

Favorite Fish: : Calvus & all Victorian Cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 11:50 am

Very pretty!
Back to top Go down
cyberluu
Private First Class
Private First Class
cyberluu

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 11:55 am

Tank is 48x22x20. Approximately 90 Gals. I know thats alot of fish but they are still pretty small. Biggest one is 4-5" and smaller ones are 3-4".
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 11:58 am

thats still alot of fish!!! even for that size!!!
discus get a pretty good size and that many in a 4ft tank will stress or stunt then later!
Back to top Go down
cyberluu
Private First Class
Private First Class
cyberluu

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 12:04 pm

I agree. I'm looking to upgrade here in the next few months. I guess anyone in the market for some discuss? J/k. lol!
Back to top Go down
kleankord
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Clown Loach, Panda Cory

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 12:14 pm

they look good. I have 14 in a 125 and they have plenty of space. Only critique i have is discus tend to enjoy lower ph, holey rock is intended to raise the ph. I'd ditch the holey rock. Where'd you get the discus?
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 12:21 pm

Sounds nice. I'm sad....I can't see the pics at work. sad
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 12:32 pm

Awesome set up, Awesome fish! Congratz..... Thanks for sharing!!

New Planted Discus Tank 265353
Back to top Go down
cyberluu
Private First Class
Private First Class
cyberluu

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 1:31 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 5:50 pm

Quite nice, I do agree that you have too many, I have 7 in a 90g.... discus get quite large if well cared for.
Yes that holey rock is limestone and will raise your PH and harden your water, not good for discus.
Back to top Go down
cyberluu
Private First Class
Private First Class
cyberluu

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 6:28 pm

Thanks! I took the advice and removed the rocks. Will be upgrading tank in the near future. More reasons to get a bigger tank. New Planted Discus Tank 265353
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 6:44 pm

Are you using tap or RO water? If you are using RO make sure you add a buffer to it or you may get a PH crash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 6:47 pm

cyberluu wrote:
***Yes I know the back of the tank is still ugly and working on ways to hide the piping and tubing.**** lol!
Its only ugly if you don't like it showing. I personally gave up a long time ago on trying to disguise the equipment, I know its there, you know its there so why go out of the way to hide it. Just my personal opinion New Planted Discus Tank 393849
Back to top Go down
cyberluu
Private First Class
Private First Class
cyberluu

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 9:19 pm

Lol. I agree. I'm using cured tap water.
Back to top Go down
kleankord
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Clown Loach, Panda Cory

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/15/2010, 9:13 am

you're local, we should compare set ups. I would post pics but have to do it at home, at work I cant access my flickr account.
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/15/2010, 10:14 am

cyberluu wrote:
Thanks! I took the advice and removed the rocks. Will be upgrading tank in the near future. More reasons to get a bigger tank. New Planted Discus Tank 265353

heck ya!!!
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/15/2010, 10:20 am

hey cyberluu were did u get ur discus? Its a very nice set up!!!!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/15/2010, 2:16 pm

Awesome Tank and Discus!!

yes good
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/16/2010, 11:38 pm

New Planted Discus Tank Imag0012

all Fish look Nice but that one very dark fish. Watch him he looks like he is very stressed or ill.

That tank lay out is great and I love the wood. If I had that many fish discus I would grow them out a bit and only keep the best.
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/17/2010, 4:58 am

Fern wrote:
Quite nice, I do agree that you have too many, I have 7 in a 90g.... discus get quite large if well cared for.
Yes that holey rock is limestone and will raise your PH and harden your water, not good for discus.

New Planted Discus Tank 858205

Discuss also Love heavy planted tanks..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/17/2010, 8:57 am

Eh yes and no, I'm going to have to pull a few plants out of my discus tank, I have a too many. They like some tall stuff to swim around and hide behind but they do need open sand to pick food up from.
Just my observations from watching my new discus.
Back to top Go down
vman
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/17/2010, 12:04 pm

"They like some tall stuff to swim around and hide behind but they do need open sand to pick food up from. Just my observations from watching my new discus."

I agree with Fern on that . That was was my thoughts & experience , they like the driftwood standing & tall plants . I've kept Discus in all types of water they seem to do best in a STABLE environment , not raising or lowering the PH just acclimating them to your water . Pretty fish ...
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime10/17/2010, 1:17 pm

Very peaceful piece of work.

My wife seen it and said "she loves it".
Thanks alot bruh, now I'm in the market for some Discus.
""JUST KIDDING""
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Planted Discus Tank   New Planted Discus Tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Planted Discus Tank
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next