UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Aquarium Lights

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chorton
Private
Private

Aquarium Lights Empty
PostSubject: Aquarium Lights   Aquarium Lights Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 11:22 pm

I bought an 80 gal aquarium several weeks ago and I went to plug in the light and it doesn't work. It is a solid 48" fixture, the people had a regular fluorescent bulb in it bc the bulb is bigger round than aquarium bulbs. I was just wondering if maybe the ballast is bad or if i just need a bulb. All of my other aquariums just have the little starters and Ive never messed with this stuff before. The bulb doesnt have anything broken loose in it that I can hear. I just want to know what you guys think and where is a good place to buy a ballast for a good price.
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

Aquarium Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Lights   Aquarium Lights Icon_minitime10/12/2010, 6:07 am

Home Depot/Lowes probably your best bet on ballast. I would try a new light first usually cheaper and you can always have it on hand if that is not the problerm.
Back to top Go down

Aquarium Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Lights   Aquarium Lights Icon_minitime10/12/2010, 8:45 am

Aquarium Lights 858205
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

Aquarium Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Lights   Aquarium Lights Icon_minitime10/12/2010, 5:05 pm

x2 Aquarium Lights 858205
Back to top Go down
chorton
Private
Private

Aquarium Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Lights   Aquarium Lights Icon_minitime10/12/2010, 6:33 pm

Thanks so much everyone. I got a new bulb and put it in and now it works. I even put in the old bulb and it worked I just had to twist it a little and it came on. I switched it off then back on and it still works. So I guess there was a bad connection somewhere.
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

Aquarium Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Lights   Aquarium Lights Icon_minitime10/13/2010, 3:10 pm

good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aquarium Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Lights   Aquarium Lights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aquarium Lights
Page 1 of 1