UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Aquarium Lights

Go down 
+2
alan j t
chorton
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chorton
Private
Private

Aquarium Lights Empty
PostSubject: Aquarium Lights   Aquarium Lights Icon_minitime9/15/2010, 5:37 pm

I have a 20gal long aquarium that I just got and I want to put T5 lights on it but I dont want to spend a fortune what do you guys think about one off of ebay?? It will be a freshwater for now but maybe later a saltwater. What do you think? Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Here are some I found on ebay, I want to stay close to or a little above $100.
http://cgi.ebay.com/CURRENT-NOVA-T5-48WATT-30INCH-LIGHT-/270635530281?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f03227829

http://cgi.ebay.com/Coralife-Aqualight-T5-HO-Aquarium-Light-62-Watt-30-/280560979011?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4152bccc43

Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
chorton
Private
Private

Aquarium Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Lights   Aquarium Lights Icon_minitime9/15/2010, 5:39 pm

If anyone has any T5's they would sell that I could use let me know. Shipping is probably a must though. Thanks again in advance.
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

Aquarium Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Lights   Aquarium Lights Icon_minitime9/15/2010, 10:28 pm

t5 lighting is really strong lighting. i say get it if your going salt then. but using for now with freshwater you might have an algea farm going on in your tank.

Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Aquarium Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Lights   Aquarium Lights Icon_minitime9/15/2010, 10:41 pm

alan j t wrote:
t5 lighting is really strong lighting. i say get it if your going salt then. but using for now with freshwater you might have an algea farm going on in your tank.

are you serious? Rolling Eyes

anyways try aquatraders.com or look up topdogseller on ebay

Last edited by typicaltony on 9/16/2010, 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Aquarium Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Lights   Aquarium Lights Icon_minitime9/15/2010, 11:13 pm

you cant put high lighting in a tank and expect nothing. either plants or corals or algea will break out, alot.

do your homework before you buy t5NO or t5HO lighting.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

Aquarium Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Lights   Aquarium Lights Icon_minitime9/16/2010, 6:36 am

chorton wrote:
If anyone has any T5's they would sell that I could use let me know. Shipping is probably a must though. Thanks again in advance.

Have you checked maybe one of your local fish stores if they have anything used??
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

Aquarium Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Lights   Aquarium Lights Icon_minitime9/16/2010, 3:25 pm

try 6700k light bulbs i used them on my 55g planted with no algae problem..i tried 10k an it was algae soup......
Back to top Go down
kleankord
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Clown Loach, Panda Cory

Aquarium Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Lights   Aquarium Lights Icon_minitime9/16/2010, 4:08 pm

imho
- t5ho is overkill for fish only tanks
- if going t5ho, when you run it on the fw only run one bulb, and go with 62 watts so you can go salt later.. assuming non-fish only set up
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Aquarium Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Lights   Aquarium Lights Icon_minitime9/16/2010, 4:39 pm

kleankord wrote:
imho
- t5ho is overkill for fish only tanks
- if going t5ho, when you run it on the fw only run one bulb, and go with 62 watts so you can go salt later.. assuming non-fish only set up

exactly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aquarium Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquarium Lights   Aquarium Lights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aquarium Lights
Page 1 of 1