UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

My moss jungle

Go down 
+6
goodpick
mike205
CajunGator
alan j t
nitty
Shaysfishys
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

My moss jungle Empty
PostSubject: My moss jungle   My moss jungle Icon_minitime10/9/2010, 3:51 pm

So have this tank I've referred to as the "jungle" who really needs a resident algae eater of some sort though yet to find one that thrives in there. Anyways heres a couple pics of some of the adult residents who are just characters especially the white mickey mouse and the blue red finned big female who seems to think she's part border collie. She likes to gather everyone in a group, get back a bit, then get her fat toosh going to promptly swim right thru the middle scattering everyone which she'll do over and over entertaining herself.
My moss jungle IMAG0422
My moss jungle IMAG0417

Last edited by Shaysfishys on 10/9/2010, 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

My moss jungle Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moss jungle   My moss jungle Icon_minitime10/9/2010, 3:54 pm

NICE
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

My moss jungle Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moss jungle   My moss jungle Icon_minitime10/9/2010, 4:21 pm

i like it
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

My moss jungle Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moss jungle   My moss jungle Icon_minitime10/9/2010, 5:12 pm

I also like the heavy plant growth
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

My moss jungle Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moss jungle   My moss jungle Icon_minitime10/9/2010, 7:14 pm

nice
Back to top Go down
goodpick
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
goodpick

Favorite Fish: : Just love fish

My moss jungle Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moss jungle   My moss jungle Icon_minitime10/9/2010, 7:30 pm

that looks cool
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

My moss jungle Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moss jungle   My moss jungle Icon_minitime10/9/2010, 9:00 pm

Here's a couple more shots of the tank somewhere in there is a sabertooth skull LOL remotely see it on the bottom of the pic, also somewhere in there are Red Cherry shrimp that occassionally they make an appearance. Other residents of course the photogenic various platys and 1 of my very favorite black moscows with splashes of yellow on his tail and dorsal.

My moss jungle IMAG0437
My moss jungle IMAG0444

Anyone needs moss let me know LOL have a large amount that came out of the pond that was a start from this tank.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

My moss jungle Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moss jungle   My moss jungle Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 8:41 am

That's heavy duty stuff. Grows like weeds!
Back to top Go down

My moss jungle Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moss jungle   My moss jungle Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 3:22 pm

Very nice! I love the moss growth!
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

My moss jungle Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moss jungle   My moss jungle Icon_minitime10/12/2010, 4:12 am

nice i also have a large xmas moss groth in the middle of my 55g planted my corys love to get tangle in it. have to rescue fat b!ster from the moss all the time.
Back to top Go down
brenna
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
brenna

Favorite Fish: : mollies and platys

My moss jungle Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moss jungle   My moss jungle Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 2:09 pm

would like to have something like that for my tank but not sure how my african dwarf frogs would like it
Back to top Go down
Cohazard
Sergeant
Sergeant
Cohazard

Favorite Fish: : I love the hobby as a whole and I like keeping all types of fish. I can narrow it down to Polypterus delhezi, Erpetoichthys clabaricus, Carinotetraodon irrubesco, angelfish and live bearers.

My moss jungle Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moss jungle   My moss jungle Icon_minitime1/31/2011, 12:07 am

wow that's a perfect setup for breeding small freshwater puffers from the Carinotetraodon genus! [/fish.nerd.moment]

Really love that tank! I like yellow mickey mouse platies with the red fins and red color along their back and I had no idea it could be combined onto a blue platy, look cool!

In my planted tanks, I use those 'pest' ramshorn snails. They are great algae eaters and clean up uneaten food, and they don't eat plants.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My moss jungle Empty
PostSubject: Re: My moss jungle   My moss jungle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My moss jungle
Page 1 of 1