UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

what will take off the algae on plant leaves?

Go down 
+3
thebanker
typicaltony
wblueus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

what will take off the algae on plant leaves? Empty
PostSubject: what will take off the algae on plant leaves?   what will take off the algae on plant leaves? Icon_minitime8/29/2010, 10:19 pm

was wondering what would be the best product to put in my aquarium to get rid of the algae on plants leaves i have siamese algae eaters and trumpet snails but still have algae on the leaves
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: what will take off the algae on plant leaves?   what will take off the algae on plant leaves? Icon_minitime8/29/2010, 10:45 pm

nerite snails usually does the trick for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what will take off the algae on plant leaves?   what will take off the algae on plant leaves? Icon_minitime8/30/2010, 6:11 am

More plants and shorten your lights on time some.
In planted tanks theres a balance between # of plants, nutrients and the amount of light. Once you find that balance you will have next to no algae in your tank.
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

PostSubject: Re: what will take off the algae on plant leaves?   what will take off the algae on plant leaves? Icon_minitime9/3/2010, 9:01 pm

try flourish excel to spot treat algae. Use a syringe. But yeah you want to stop the cause of the algae all togather also.
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: what will take off the algae on plant leaves?   what will take off the algae on plant leaves? Icon_minitime11/3/2010, 4:19 am

I also have green algee in my planted 55g now...its all over my xmas moss patch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what will take off the algae on plant leaves?   what will take off the algae on plant leaves? Icon_minitime11/3/2010, 6:52 am

Is it hair algae? or green spot algae?
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: what will take off the algae on plant leaves?   what will take off the algae on plant leaves? Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 7:49 am

Depends on the type of algae as for method of treatment.

But as mentioned...balance is key.
Back to top Go down
Marlboro Red
Private
Private
Marlboro Red

Favorite Fish: : marlboro red discus followed by lepord wrasse

PostSubject: Re: what will take off the algae on plant leaves?   what will take off the algae on plant leaves? Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 8:02 am

ok if you have alage in the planted tank that means it is more nuits then the plants can take in which gives the green light for the alage to start so i suggest you cut back on feeding and the number of hours the light is on, with that being said is the tank in a spot the gets direct or indirect sunlight during the day? either will add to the grow of alage. Cut back on light/feeding and increase water changes that will help on the alage problem.
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: what will take off the algae on plant leaves?   what will take off the algae on plant leaves? Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 8:10 am

i green hair algee growing in my planted tank an its driving me crazy
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: what will take off the algae on plant leaves?   what will take off the algae on plant leaves? Icon_minitime11/8/2010, 8:32 am

Green hair....nice. j/k

I didn't see if you mentioned dosing any ferts or not. And what type of lighting and photo period are we looking at also?
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: what will take off the algae on plant leaves?   what will take off the algae on plant leaves? Icon_minitime11/8/2010, 11:36 am

yea i use seachem fluorish run all glass aquarium double 67k..james
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

Favorite Fish: : all of them along with mermaids and me I'm a Pisces.

PostSubject: Re: what will take off the algae on plant leaves?   what will take off the algae on plant leaves? Icon_minitime11/14/2010, 11:56 pm

ajust the dosing and lighting period... spot treat with sea chem florish excel...

are you dosing marcos and mircos?

here is what each fert does and helps with.
Potassium - Protein synthesis, water and charge balance, enzyme activation.
Boron - Chlorophyll production, flowering, root growth, cell function.
Carbon - Required for all organic compounds.
Calcium - Cell wall stability and permeability, enz...yme activation, cell response to stimuli.
Chlorine - Water and charge balance, photosynthesis.
Copper - Component of enzymes utilized in redox reactions that take place during photosynthesis.
Iron - Required for photosynthesis, component of enzymes utilized in redox reactions.
Magnesium - Component of chlorophyll, enzyme activation.
Manganese - Formation of amino acids, enzyme activation.
Molybdenum and Cobalt - Required for nitrate reduction.
Nickel - Enzyme activation, processing of nitrogenous material.
Sulfur - Component of proteins and the coenzymes that are involved with nutrient utilization and growth.
Zinc - Chlorophyll production, enzyme activation.

Note that Oxygen and Hydrogen are also required, but are available at all times through water

HTH Joey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what will take off the algae on plant leaves?   what will take off the algae on plant leaves? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what will take off the algae on plant leaves?
Page 1 of 1