UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

ok so here is the deal

Go down 
+4
CajunGator
MarkM
Joe Reborn
jessecichlidguy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

ok so here is the deal Empty
PostSubject: ok so here is the deal   ok so here is the deal Icon_minitime8/25/2010, 6:18 pm

i got 5 tanks for free from cl but the problem im having is there is a buildup from calcium or something like that. they were not cleaned when they were taken down and have been sitting for who knows how long can anyone tell me how to get this calcium build up offff
Back to top Go down
Joe Reborn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Joe Reborn

Favorite Fish: : Red Festae, Frontosa, Red Zebra, Green Terror

PostSubject: Re: ok so here is the deal   ok so here is the deal Icon_minitime8/25/2010, 6:22 pm

http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl3684/cp18376/si1381877/cl0/pythonrydyt2
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

PostSubject: Re: ok so here is the deal   ok so here is the deal Icon_minitime8/25/2010, 6:24 pm

thank you

they are outta stock for now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ok so here is the deal   ok so here is the deal Icon_minitime8/25/2010, 6:28 pm

Rinse what you can off and leave the rest. It will slowly dissolve in the water and raise your PH and hardness a little. Within 1-4 months (depending on how much) It will all be gone.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: ok so here is the deal   ok so here is the deal Icon_minitime8/25/2010, 6:37 pm

Vinegar, a razor blade, and plety of elbow grease usually does the trick.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: ok so here is the deal   ok so here is the deal Icon_minitime8/25/2010, 6:39 pm

I totally Agree ! mad crazy
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

PostSubject: Re: ok so here is the deal   ok so here is the deal Icon_minitime8/25/2010, 6:45 pm

did the vinegar thing but ran outta elbow grease didnt do the razor blade
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ok so here is the deal   ok so here is the deal Icon_minitime8/25/2010, 6:50 pm

I've set up and run 4 tanks with lots of calcium deposits on them, mainly because I ran out of elbow grease lol! But it never hurt a thing, I even have lelupis spawning in one of those tanks as I type this!
Back to top Go down
lizardking
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
lizardking

Favorite Fish: : Marbled Shark/ Lionfish

PostSubject: Re: ok so here is the deal   ok so here is the deal Icon_minitime8/25/2010, 8:06 pm

Vinegar works really well, that and alot of patience.
Back to top Go down
Jeepluv77
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Jeepluv77

Favorite Fish: : Species I've kept: Freshwater- Dwarf puffers and clown loaches. Saltwater- Volitans and Snowflake Moray

Species I'd love to keep one day- Freshwater- Rays. Saltwater- Bamboo/Cat Sharks

PostSubject: Re: ok so here is the deal   ok so here is the deal Icon_minitime8/25/2010, 8:33 pm

I've been a personal fan of soaking some towels with vinegar and letting them sit overnight(not in the house unless you're a vinegar odor fan!) and breaking out the razor blade the next day. Seems to make it a bit easier. Paper towels won't work. They dry out and add to the problem when they get stuck.
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

PostSubject: Re: ok so here is the deal   ok so here is the deal Icon_minitime8/25/2010, 9:21 pm

hey jeep thanks i will try that and also thank you for the compliments on my tanks amd stuff much appreciated
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ok so here is the deal   ok so here is the deal Icon_minitime8/25/2010, 9:33 pm

Ive done the towel and vinegar also it does work. If it's not a show tank I don't put much elbow grease in it and once the tank is set up it dissolves on it's own in time.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: ok so here is the deal   ok so here is the deal Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 5:49 am

Yeap, i will say vinegar too and a soft towel, i used it to clean the inside and outside sometimes, it will not harm your water.. Good Luck. ok so here is the deal 393849
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: ok so here is the deal   ok so here is the deal Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 8:22 am

VINEGAR and alot of manlyness!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ok so here is the deal   ok so here is the deal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ok so here is the deal
Page 1 of 1