UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)

Go down 
+21
scottyofala
whisper
plecoman
kyoshi
BFinley
jaiko1975
mike205
Elrollo
nitty
Holey Rock of Texas
CajunGator
proyect01
Jeepluv77
bristlenosedude
Mlegion1988
sal
KMX
alkomist
nick a
istrober
jessecichlidguy
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 12:26 am

UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Fish_t15
just the framing of it and a few tanks im going to plumb in somewhere

here are some new pics of the fish room up and running
UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Garage16
UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Garage17
UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Garage18
UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Garage19
UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Garage20

New room divider (updated pictures)
UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Garage10

UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Garage11

UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Garage12

UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Garage13

UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Garage14

UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Garage15

UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Garage16

UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Garage17

UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Garage18

the finished project

UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Random10

UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Random11

UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Random12

UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Random13

UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Random14

All tanks are up and running either on a sponge filter or running thru a sump and uv sterilizer just a few tanks are empty mainly 10g fry tanks

10g tanks= 12
20g tanks= 6
25g tanks= 2
30g tanks= 4
37g tall= 1
40g tanks= 1
60g tanks= 5
120g divided= 1

I could not have done this without the help from the members here at usa fish box this fish room is far from over as everyday i am either adding or moving fish and tanks as well

Thank you all for your help and advise
jesse

Last edited by jessecichlidguy on 12/21/2010, 10:50 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 12:28 am

Wow great Jesse.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 5:51 am

Looking good Jesse, i cant wait to see it done!!, keep us post it!. UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) 393849
Back to top Go down
nick a
Sergeant
Sergeant
nick a

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 6:59 am

Good start! What are the weather extremes in Riverside?
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 8:50 am

will that hold those tanks and more when they are filled and stocked??
riverside isnt that bad!! although durnig august and september it gets up to like 100 degrees!

Last edited by alkomist on 8/19/2010, 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 8:58 am

Wow... nice Jesse!!!! Keep us updated usafishbox
Back to top Go down
sal
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
sal

Favorite Fish: : All Cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 12:47 pm

Cool! Where at in Riverside are you? Need some fish to stock you'r tanks? PM me and I'll hook you up. I'll put up pics soon of mine. As for Riverside, its been about 96-100 dgrs. for the last week or so. Summer is just starting here.
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 1:45 pm

i still need to add some supports and braces but evrything is done by a very good framer and he knows the weight distribution as you can see its all tied into 4x4 post it will hold 4 55 gallon tanks and a few smaller ones to hold my fry im designing some new racks for the breeding tanks and for the weather out here its really hot like 100 degrees and up as for keeping everything cool im going to put a portable ac unit under the bottom shelf to keep the sump filters cool in the summer time unless someone has a better idea and im in riverside county the actual town i live in is menifee more pics to come when my tanks get here im gonna start the plumbing this weeken or sooner i will keep u updated
Back to top Go down
Mlegion1988
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Mlegion1988

Favorite Fish: : Oscars, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 1:48 pm

.....niccceeeee...... lol
Back to top Go down
bristlenosedude
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : PLECOS AND AFRICAN RIFT LAKE CICHLIDS

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 1:49 pm

Throw some insulation in that wall and in the garage door. It is way easier and cheaper to heat/cool the room versus heaters in each tank. I have 40 tanks in a single bay of my garage and it works fine this way. Tank heaters in that quantity are just asking for trouble due to their failure rate. I have a portable A/C unit that is needed for a few months in summer and a dehumidifier that provides plenty of heat in winter.
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 2:01 pm

thanks bristlenose i will get on the insulation part before i plum and fill all my tanks did you use the regular fiberglass insulation or what did u use and i assume the strofoam on the garage door
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 3:26 pm

[quote="bristlenosedude"] Tank heaters in that quantity are just asking for trouble due to their failure rate. quote]

UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) 858205 UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) 858205 UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) 858205 UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) 858205 UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) 858205 UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) 858205 UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) 858205
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 9:28 pm

i dont plan on using as many heaters as i have tanks most likely just 1 possibly 2 in the sumps
Back to top Go down
Jeepluv77
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Jeepluv77

Favorite Fish: : Species I've kept: Freshwater- Dwarf puffers and clown loaches. Saltwater- Volitans and Snowflake Moray

Species I'd love to keep one day- Freshwater- Rays. Saltwater- Bamboo/Cat Sharks

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 10:01 pm

It's looking good, Jesse. Can't wait to see new pics as it progresses and, especially, the finished setup!
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 10:05 pm

thank you i just added a 60 gal to that and i also filled one tank up for my jewel fry i ordered my tanks monday should have them by friday of next week and all plumbed in and running by next weekend i will definetly keep everyone posted i need to find some breeding pairs of dwarf cichlids to fill the tanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime8/20/2010, 7:16 am

Get a space heater and don't use any tank heaters, that's what I do in winter. I only run 3-4 heaters in all of my 31 tanks. Space heaters are sooooo much safer and they end up using much less electric!
Back to top Go down
bristlenosedude
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : PLECOS AND AFRICAN RIFT LAKE CICHLIDS

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime8/20/2010, 1:05 pm

I just used regular fiberglass bats for the walls and had the ceiling blown. All my outlets are ground fault in case something gets wet. Styro will work fine on the door. My garage door seals up pretty tight so I don't have much air infiltration from outside. Summer seems more difficult than winter to control temps to me.
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 9:10 am

Nice job !!! UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) 393849
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime10/16/2010, 10:55 am

bump
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime10/16/2010, 11:03 am

Very organized Fish Room! CongratZ

yes
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime10/16/2010, 11:05 am

very nice
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime10/16/2010, 11:48 am

great job.
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime10/16/2010, 1:24 pm

Wow Inspiring And stranglet mesmerizing..Great looking set up sick
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime10/16/2010, 7:48 pm

bump sign
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime10/16/2010, 10:25 pm

thats awesome if i ever get the room and money i want one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)   UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UPDATE beginning of my fish room (complete)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next