UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Joker and his massage therapy

Go down 
+3
Holey Rock of Texas
KMX
mamapuff
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mamapuff
Private First Class
Private First Class
mamapuff

Favorite Fish: : Too hard to choose just one out of my crew.

Joker and his massage therapy Empty
PostSubject: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 10:35 am

I have been working on my RTC, Joker, with his gill curl. It has improved a lot on one side, but the other is still curled, yet not as bad as before. I wanted to share some more pictures of him in his therapy bucket, but he's now outgrown it, so we have upgraded to a storage container :D

Joker and his massage therapy DSC00955
Joker and his massage therapy DSC00957
Joker and his massage therapy DSC00959
Joker and his massage therapy DSC00961
Joker and his massage therapy DSC00962
Joker and his massage therapy DSC00964
Joker and his massage therapy DSC00963
Joker and his massage therapy DSC00960
Joker and his massage therapy DSC00689
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 10:40 am

Very nice. Looks like he is very photogenic. How big will he get?
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 11:10 am

wow. crazy.
Back to top Go down
mamapuff
Private First Class
Private First Class
mamapuff

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 11:12 am

RTCs have the potential to reach about 4 feet, but he will probably max out around 3 feet. They usually don't hit 4 ft in captivity though, usually in the wild. He is very photogenic and doesn't mine his sessions. With his facial deformity, it makes me think he will still grow large, but not as large. (I'm prepared if he does though. I researched this fish up and down before starting to look for one, and he and the others WILL get a big pond.) He was given to us by our LFS as a rescue, due to his deformity while searching for one around town. We got him in August last year, so he is almost a year old :)
Back to top Go down
redfishray1968
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
redfishray1968

Favorite Fish: : 180gl Oscars

120gl Green and Rotkeil Severums

37gl Honduran Red Points & King Pleco's

36gl Bowface with Discus and Royal Pleco & Scribble Pleco

10gl Jewels

10gl Convicts

Bristlenose Plecos

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 12:59 pm

I have one also... they are awesome fish ...HUGE but awesome dance
Back to top Go down
mamapuff
Private First Class
Private First Class
mamapuff

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 1:35 pm

agreed. lol i just took some more pics on my phone at lunch. He's my fish puppy for sure. He does NOT have the personality of a normal RTC. He's soooo sweet. When our channel cat killed our frontosa, most RTC would take the chance at a free meal, but not him. He didn't touch it, the channel tried.... We have a 2 inch clown pleco thats been in with him since he was the same size. That pleco has to be about 5 years old now. But he's never been bothered by Joker. I truly think his deformity has to do with his sweet nature. I have hand fed him since he was tiny too. He's never once mistaken my fingers, b/c he"drifts and sniffs"in front of my hands first, then gently takes in his food. Who knows lol. Let me get these pics posted for ya'll.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 2:00 pm

My RTC likes to hide in a big decor rock but he is really to big for it.So I am going to have to take the decor out of the tank.
Back to top Go down
mamapuff
Private First Class
Private First Class
mamapuff

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 2:06 pm

BFinley wrote:
My RTC likes to hide in a big decor rock but he is really to big for it.So I am going to have to take the decor out of the tank.
If you want to give him a bigger, yet cost effective cave, you can buy a large piece of PVC pipe and cut it to length. You could even make the outside more appealing by decorating it, (glued sand, rock etc). How big is your monster? Joker lays on top of caves lol.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 2:10 pm

He is only 3.5" not that big yet but will get big soon.
Back to top Go down
mamapuff
Private First Class
Private First Class
mamapuff

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 2:19 pm

:D Oh wait till he hits about 6-8" Their personality starts forming and they really develop. The growth spurts also start happening then.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 2:24 pm

Cool what do you feed yours?
Back to top Go down
redfishray1968
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
redfishray1968

Favorite Fish: : 180gl Oscars

120gl Green and Rotkeil Severums

37gl Honduran Red Points & King Pleco's

36gl Bowface with Discus and Royal Pleco & Scribble Pleco

10gl Jewels

10gl Convicts

Bristlenose Plecos

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 2:30 pm

I give mine shrimp and beef heart
Back to top Go down
mamapuff
Private First Class
Private First Class
mamapuff

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 2:30 pm

I tried to hold up a paper towel role to give you an idea of his size. My husband had the tape measure at work, so I didn't have one lol.

Joker and his massage therapy IMG_17421
Joker and his massage therapy IMG_17361
Joker and his massage therapy IMG_17441
Joker and his massage therapy IMG_17451
Joker and his massage therapy IMG_17461

An older one with his girlfriend Lima :)
Joker and his massage therapy Lovers
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 2:34 pm

I feed mine night crawlers and krill.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 2:34 pm

What size tank do you have all them in?
Back to top Go down
mamapuff
Private First Class
Private First Class
mamapuff

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 2:45 pm

When I first got him he would only eat frozen bloodworm or shredded shrimp. I fed him that until he was about 6 inches, when I felt that he had enough meat on him to start converting him to pellet. I would stuff Massivore, veggie sticks, krill pellet, and other stuff I fed to my other guys, into pieces of shrimp, beefheart (real not the cube pack) or tilapia. But he would spit out the pellet and eat the frozen goodness. It took about 2 weeks of offering only pellet, no frozen to him before he accepted it. He had to watch everyone else gorge while he stayed hungry. He caved drool So he finally converted to pellet, but he still of course has fish, shrimp, prawn, etc. They need a variety of foods. You can get talapia fillets frozen and individually packed for like 6lb for $6 at walmart. If you try shrimp, just make sure its raw, not cooked and doesn't have any sodium in it. Night crawlers (if bought) and krill or any frozen fish "packs" will get expensive, that was the main reason for converting mine.

Right now they are in a 150 wide, but we are house hunting and looking for a property either with a pool for me to convert, or we will be building a pond for them. My husband wants koi... I said "well you enjoy your pond, I have my monster pond". The two won't meet lol. I have been eying a space in our apartment that would fit a nice sized indoor pond. Who needs a computer desk right? It had no computer on it, and has a 20 gallon tank on it (being torn down lol)

Last edited by mamapuff on 6/29/2010, 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 2:48 pm

Seems like he deserves a big pond with some friends. Once you get that started post some pics of the process Joker and his massage therapy 772341
Back to top Go down
mamapuff
Private First Class
Private First Class
mamapuff

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 3:05 pm

KMX,
My promise to these fish was a better home from the day I got them. My dream since I was a little kid was to have a pond that I could swim with my fish in. Though I had wanted a smaller Giraffe Cat, I felt so bad for Geoffrey in his tiny40 gallon tank, already at 14 inches. My ID's will join them as well, and I plan on rescuing a couple Pacu that people made the mistake of getting. There is also a Monsterfish Rescue site that I will look into participating in later on. ( http://www.monsterfishrescue.com/index.php?pr=Home_Page) You better believe I will be posting pics the progress :)
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 3:05 pm

very nice. cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
Janie
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
Janie

Favorite Fish: : Calvus & all Victorian Cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 4:11 pm

Joker is a cutie!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 4:23 pm

One of these days I will have a real big tank to house all the big fish I want.If I have my Giant Gourami by then he will go in there also.
Back to top Go down
mamapuff
Private First Class
Private First Class
mamapuff

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 4:26 pm

I always have to tell myself no when I see a GG. One has been cramped in a stores tank waiting to be sold, and lord knows I want him, but I know I couldn't right now. Your GG is a beautiful fish. How old is he?
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 4:31 pm

He is around 3 years old and the last time I measured him he was 13".He can eat like a pig.I have only seen 2 GG in my area in 20 years so when I saw him I had to get him.
Back to top Go down
mamapuff
Private First Class
Private First Class
mamapuff

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 4:32 pm

I love that you have a history with him. Makes the bond more special. He looks fat and happy!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime6/29/2010, 4:36 pm

He is fat I feed him all the time.He is temorary tank rite now.I am trying to find a bigger tank for him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joker and his massage therapy   Joker and his massage therapy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joker and his massage therapy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: Catfish and other Bottom Dwellers-
Jump to: