UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Test kits at reasonable prices

Go down 
+3
mark
pillierox1
2SciCrazed
7 posters
AuthorMessage
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

Test kits at reasonable prices Empty
PostSubject: Test kits at reasonable prices   Test kits at reasonable prices Icon_minitime6/26/2010, 5:15 pm

Ok, after all that reading concerning planted tanks - my mind is spinning with lesson plan ideas for individual testing of standard Aquarium levels....

Ahhhhhhh - Nitrates vs Nitrites vs Ammonia - CO2 levels changing w/daylight - O2 levels - pH levels - Carbonates, Sulfates, etc...... This Chemistry teacher is now laughing evilly as her eyes gleam with everything her students shall learn.

So, where can I find the best prices on testing kits?

- Laura
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: Test kits at reasonable prices   Test kits at reasonable prices Icon_minitime6/26/2010, 5:29 pm

lol nice idk where u can get a cheap one, walmart may hav a test kit i know that they hav the individual ones but petco and petsmart has them maybe round 20
Back to top Go down
mark
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Test kits at reasonable prices   Test kits at reasonable prices Icon_minitime6/26/2010, 6:11 pm

I got a freshwater master test kit at petsmart for 27.99 it test everything and is good for over 800 tests.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Test kits at reasonable prices   Test kits at reasonable prices Icon_minitime6/26/2010, 10:44 pm

i just purchased the same test kit online for $18.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Test kits at reasonable prices   Test kits at reasonable prices Icon_minitime6/27/2010, 8:32 am

I like the tetra laborett, its roughly $20. Its your ammonia, ph, kh, gh.... and a few other tests, anything more specialized you will need to find a planted tank test kit, not sure how much those run but they have the O2, CO2, iron.... and several of the other test that relate to the planted tank.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Test kits at reasonable prices   Test kits at reasonable prices Icon_minitime6/28/2010, 9:03 am

test kits are expensive. maybe check ebay.
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

PostSubject: Re: Test kits at reasonable prices   Test kits at reasonable prices Icon_minitime6/28/2010, 10:21 am

check with bigals or dr. foster and smiths for the API freshwater master kit. They usually go for 19.99.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Test kits at reasonable prices   Test kits at reasonable prices Icon_minitime6/28/2010, 10:58 am

they are $18 on petmountian.com but they have messed up my last few orders so i am not sure about them anymore!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: Test kits at reasonable prices   Test kits at reasonable prices Icon_minitime6/28/2010, 11:10 am

freshwater master:
Test kits at reasonable prices 107520

$17.99
http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4345+4454&pcatid=4454

$21.98
http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl3684/cp18538/si1380887/cl0/aquariumpharmaceuticalsfreshwatermastertestkit

$23.99
http://www.petsolutions.com/API-Freshwater-Master-Test-Kit+I17101034+C46.aspx

$18.00 + 10% off bc of coupon code (Family). order has to be over $50 tho
http://www.petmountain.com/product/aquarium-test-kits/107520/aquarium-pharmaceuticals-freshwater-master-test-kit.html
Back to top Go down
jetajockey
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Test kits at reasonable prices   Test kits at reasonable prices Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 1:12 pm

Walmarts 'generic' freshwater master test kit is actually the API kit, and it's under 20 dollars shipped to home. I don't think shipping cost was factored in on some of the recommendations.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Test kits at reasonable prices   Test kits at reasonable prices Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 2:30 pm

API master is definitely what i use.. and for quick checks i use the API 5test strips..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Test kits at reasonable prices   Test kits at reasonable prices Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Test kits at reasonable prices
Page 1 of 1