UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

CASCADE POWER FILTERS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

CASCADE POWER FILTERS Empty
PostSubject: CASCADE POWER FILTERS   CASCADE POWER FILTERS Icon_minitime6/15/2010, 10:37 am

Anyone ever used them? I am looking at Kens right now and liking the price he has on the Cascade 300. It's only$29 and its good for 80gallons. never used a Cascade before. have you?
Back to top Go down
airball2006
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE POWER FILTERS   CASCADE POWER FILTERS Icon_minitime6/15/2010, 10:44 am

I have a Cascade 500. It worked OK; however, the first time I hooked it up, I must have put to much water inside the container because it leaked water overnight. Good thing was that it wasn't a high rate of leak so my hardwood floors didn't get damaged. From that day on, I put it inside a aluminum pan so that it would catch some of the water if it did leak again. It never leaked again but you might want to watch it for the first couple of hours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE POWER FILTERS   CASCADE POWER FILTERS Icon_minitime6/15/2010, 12:48 pm

The canisters? If that's what your talking about I LOVE them! Very simple construction and very easy to clean and I have never had an issue priming them. I do set mine in a shallow bin but that is for when I need to disconnect them for cleaning so it catches the little bit of water that comes out when you take the top off.
They get an A+ on my rating system!
Back to top Go down
J*Hawk*83
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
J*Hawk*83

Favorite Fish: : Venestus
Trigger
Lionfish
Wrasse

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE POWER FILTERS   CASCADE POWER FILTERS Icon_minitime6/15/2010, 1:53 pm

CASCADE POWER FILTERS 858205
They are Very SIMPLE, Easy to Clean, and are some little Work Horses. I dont have any complaints about mine either. I have a 700
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE POWER FILTERS   CASCADE POWER FILTERS Icon_minitime6/15/2010, 1:54 pm

I have a 300 and a 1500.
I also have a fluval and that is the biggest waste of money IMO, I may see if I can trade it in for another cascade
Back to top Go down
J*Hawk*83
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
J*Hawk*83

Trigger
Lionfish
Wrasse

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE POWER FILTERS   CASCADE POWER FILTERS Icon_minitime6/15/2010, 1:59 pm

CASCADE POWER FILTERS 858205
again with you Fern!!! I have a 304 and I almost cry when I have to change it. Luckily its on a Bare bottom tank with an additional filter. Its an absolute pain in my
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE POWER FILTERS   CASCADE POWER FILTERS Icon_minitime6/15/2010, 2:02 pm

Mine is the fluval 404, takes a good 45min to get the thing broken down cleaned and primed ... if your lucky.
Takes me barely 15min to do my cascades!
Back to top Go down
J*Hawk*83
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
J*Hawk*83

Trigger
Lionfish
Wrasse

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE POWER FILTERS   CASCADE POWER FILTERS Icon_minitime6/15/2010, 2:06 pm

LOL same here! It has taken me almost 2 HOURS on several occassions to just get the darn top off! Then I couldnt prime it, so I had to run it UPSIDE DOWN for 2 days!!! But when its working, it actually does work.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE POWER FILTERS   CASCADE POWER FILTERS Icon_minitime6/15/2010, 2:12 pm

I was thinking about getting the 300. its good for 80G and only $29
Back to top Go down
airball2006
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE POWER FILTERS   CASCADE POWER FILTERS Icon_minitime6/15/2010, 2:13 pm

I am not sure if there is a difference between the X04 models and the X05 models because my Fluval 305 worked pretty good. It was quick to clean and prime as well. However, nothing can compare to my 3 year old Eheim Ecco. I only have to clean that filter out every 6 months and the water is crystal clear.
Back to top Go down
J*Hawk*83
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
J*Hawk*83

Trigger
Lionfish
Wrasse

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE POWER FILTERS   CASCADE POWER FILTERS Icon_minitime6/15/2010, 2:18 pm

I cannot speak of any other models than what I have. Sometimes a company will just drop the ball on a product. I know mine is a Pain!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE POWER FILTERS   CASCADE POWER FILTERS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CASCADE POWER FILTERS
Page 1 of 1