UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Should I get rid of all my tanks??

Go down 
+11
trinityfish
Holey Rock of Texas
JACK D
ilicurtisili
Ghoulish_chaos
Fish_Love
MikeM
CSnyder00
KMX
sal
BFinley
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Empty
PostSubject: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 4:48 pm

I need everyones opinion on what you think I should do.I have been thinking of selling all my fish and tank's.Since I'm not working rite now and money is tight I was wanting to get one tank about 100g to 150g depending on the space I have available and do a Frontosa and Dolphin tank.I would put some Petricola's and some Gold Nugget Pleco's and that's all I would put in the tank.I currently have ten tanks that are as follows 60g,55g,29g,30g korner,20H,20H,20L,14g,6,,3g.With all those tanks I do not have enough room for any more tanks.I love all the fish that I currently have but I have always wanted a Frontosa and Dolphin tank.The 60g and 55g I have are to small for those fish.Or does anyone have any suggestion's on what I should do.I got some Fronts from Kory last week and they are awesome and everytime I look at them I want more.I will listen to eveyones suggestion's.

P.S. USAFISHBOX ROCKS

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
sal
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
sal

Favorite Fish: : All Cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 4:54 pm

well if $$$ i$ an i$$ue. You could probably find someone to trade for a bigger tank. Maybe trade a few smaller ones for a bigger one. I always see people try'n to down size dueto moving to smaller place. That way you keep the $$$ in your pocket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 4:56 pm

to do fronts and dolphins you will need a tank that is at least 6 foot long, 8 ft is better though.....
Figure out if you can fit that size and afford it and go from there.... I wouldn't get rid of them all though

put me on your plant list if you do thin out Should I get rid of all my tanks?? 393849
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 5:01 pm

If you want a nice group of Fronts and Moorii you will have to go BIG like Fern said.(for when they get bigger) If I were you and money is an issue I would go hunt for a job. Times are tuff for a bunch of us now and you got to do what yo go to do to survive. If I were you I would sell off or trade my small ones and get 2-3 big tanks to fill your fish need. TAKE YOUR TIME AND decide. Don't act fast and be mad at yourself in the long run.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 8:02 pm

ya for fronts and mooriis a 240g is the minimum for both to be happy... and that's pushing it.
As Kory said take your time and don't make a rash decision and regret it later
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 8:07 pm

I agree with them. You need a BIG tank to fit the fish you want. You may be able to do two 100 + and just do moori in one and fronts in the other, but if you are going to combo, you need to double that. Good luck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 8:13 pm

They would do better separate, the mooriis tend to bully the fronts
Back to top Go down
MikeM
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 8:30 pm

I have a colony of fronts in a 140 5 foot tank. 1M 5F and they do just fine. They breed all the time and seem very content. I also just recently put 4 blue dolphin in there. I guess what I am trying to say is you do not really need a 240. It is nice and a better choice than a smaller tank but get what you can afford and put the fish you love in it. You may not be able to fit a whole bunch of fish in there but it will work out.[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
Fish_Love
Sergeant
Sergeant
Fish_Love

Favorite Fish: : German Red Peacock

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 9:03 pm

I like what CS said. Get 2 big ones and split them up. You want a good group of both species. You can overload them in a 100G tank but you don't want to.
Back to top Go down
Ghoulish_chaos
Major
Major
Ghoulish_chaos

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 11:11 pm

Do what you need to do. You can always build it back up. Just think long and hard about it.
Good luck
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/25/2010, 8:03 am

I like and understand everyone's suggestion's.I have ben looking for a job and its not that easy.I will think long and hard on what to do.Fern don't worry I'm still going to do the 20L live planted tank that I talked to you a while back.Its just taking me longer to setup but I will set it up.I will probally sell all my central and south american cichlids and just stay with africans.I was thinking of getting rid of the 55g and put a 75g on that stand.That stand will hold a 75g.I would put all my africans in that one and then get rid of the 60g and put a 150g in that spot.If I have to I will just put a few fronts in there for a little while until they get big.I apriciate everyone's suggestion's and opinion's.
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/25/2010, 9:51 am

i like the plan u got going here. replace the tanks with bigger tanks
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/25/2010, 11:03 am

ilicurtisili wrote:
i like the plan u got going here. replace the tanks with bigger tanks

Should I get rid of all my tanks?? 858205

I got rid of all my tanks one time...it took 20 yrs to get back... surfing
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/25/2010, 11:07 am

i got rid of all my tanks when i first went to college but after 2 years with no tank i got a 10 then a 20 and boom. way to amny tanks lol. if your heart desires a larger tank and you need the money go for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/25/2010, 11:10 am

keep 2 of the small ones, you never know when you will need a QT or fry tank.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/25/2010, 12:11 pm

Yes I will keep two small tanks maybe three.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/25/2010, 2:17 pm

Thanks for eveyone's opinions and suggestions!I will be thinking long and hard before I make a choice.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/25/2010, 4:27 pm

I have thought of something else let me know what you think.My stepdad plans on adding to his office or getting a bigger office and told me that he wants to put several huge tanks through out the office.So I was thinking of going ahead and get the Fronts and by the time they get to big for my tank then I could put them in his office tanks.He plans on getting atleast 3 tanks that are 210g and bigger.Let me know what you think of that plan.
Back to top Go down
trinityfish
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Yellow Tail Corris is one of my favorites. But snorkleing in Hawii opens up a whole new world to fish. I love the Trumpet fish, sea horse, Yellow Sail Finn Tail, Rainbow , clown Fish and much much more. All fish are awsome...How do you pick just one?

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/25/2010, 5:07 pm

Sounds like your step dad is going to have the tank space youll need later. But are you going to be able to part with them once you get them????????????? Id think a little more on the lines of just getting a bigger tank myself. But thats just me. :)
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/25/2010, 8:40 pm

I like the office idea, as long as you can visit them often!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/26/2010, 6:03 am

I like the office idea too, he buys the equipment and you stock and care for the tanks!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime5/27/2010, 10:56 am

Yes I can go and see the fish anytime I want to.I do that know with his 100g.The good thing is that he pay's for everything.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 12:00 pm

I think I am going to keep what I have for now and just redo some tanks.Maybe sell a coulple of tanks but for the most part keep what I got and if something comes up then go from there.Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Mr Fish
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks, and Haps

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime6/5/2010, 1:27 am

Ultimately only you can make a decision like this.

You know your situation much better than we do.

I would run a add on craigslist. Tanks wanted to move or get out of your your way.
Call or email me. Let the military people at the base know you will take one off their hands.
You may be surprised what you may come up with.
If your fronts are small when you start, you can keep about 6 in a 55 for a year or so and not stunt them.
They grow very slow. I started my colony of 8 in a 55. they did fine for 9 months until I was given a 125 by someone that needed to get rid of it. It could happen to you.
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime6/5/2010, 2:53 am

Should I get rid of all my tanks?? 858205
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I get rid of all my tanks??   Should I get rid of all my tanks?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should I get rid of all my tanks??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next