UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Compatability

Go down 
    5 posters
    AuthorMessage
    CSnyder00
    CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

Compatability Empty
    PostSubject: Compatability   Compatability Icon_minitime4/26/2010, 7:58 pm

So I got rid of my 3 big Jack Dempsey's today. I now have my EBJD, 3 Yellow Labs, 4 Red Jewels, and a Red-Finned Shark in my 55 gallon display tank. I would like to add some more blue to my tank, but I don't want interbreeding to take place. Any suggestions? I have 3 fish in mind.

1)Demasoni (already been these might interbreed with Yellow Labs)

2)Metriaclima sp. 'Zebra Chilumba' Luwino Reef 'BB Zebra'
    http://www.safhl.net/davesfish/images/Metriaclima%20sp%20Zebra%20Chilumba%20Luwino%20Reef.jpg

3)Pseudotropheus sp. 'Minutus Tanzania' Manda
    http://www.safhl.net/davesfish/images/Pseudotropheus%20sp%20Minutus%20Tanzania%20Manda.jpg

Anyone know?
    Back to top Go down
    thebanker
    Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
    Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
    thebanker

Compatability Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Compatability   Compatability Icon_minitime4/29/2010, 10:46 pm

imo you have a crazy mix now, but you could pick either one of those species and most likely don't have to worry about crossbreeding. I would be worried if you were trying to add all the ones you selected togather though. How big are your fish thats currently in there?
    Back to top Go down
    KMX
    Admin
    Admin
    KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Compatability Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Compatability   Compatability Icon_minitime4/30/2010, 7:39 am

How big are your jacks? I could see them getting a bit nasty when they get bigger. Me persoanlly i would not mox any of those with the Jacks. Also the Demasoni are great to look at but very hard to keep calm.
    Back to top Go down
    jcsmit7
    Sergeant 1st Class
    Sergeant 1st Class
    jcsmit7

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

Compatability Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Compatability   Compatability Icon_minitime4/30/2010, 9:16 am

demasoni are a type that its either 10 or 1, not in between. tried to have 3 one time,one killed of the other 2.
    Back to top Go down
    CajunGator
    CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Compatability Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Compatability   Compatability Icon_minitime4/30/2010, 11:45 am

I agree with jsmit bunch or one !
    Back to top Go down
    CSnyder00
    CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

Compatability Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Compatability   Compatability Icon_minitime4/30/2010, 4:48 pm

Well here's what I'm thinking. I have the Yellow Labs and I really like them. They are about 2-3 inches. My EBJD is a lone female and she keeps to herself, so I'm not so worried about her cause she is 3-4 inches. The Red Jewels are about 2-3 inches and I'm not connected to them at all in any way. I could probably get rid of them pretty easily without being real upset. I was just thinking that Red, Blue, and Yellow would be nice to have in the tank. The combo I have now works, but I can see it changing. If you have any suggestions for a different fish that's red, I'm definitely open to it.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

Compatability Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Compatability   Compatability Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Compatability
    Page 1 of 1