UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Pic of one of the new eels

Go down 
    +4
    alkomist
    dano
    CajunGator
    Rachael0805
    8 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Rachael0805
    Captain
    Captain
    Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

Pic of one of the new eels Empty
    PostSubject: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime2/27/2010, 9:57 pm

Here is pic of one of the new eels. Im not sure which one this is.....there is a Tire Track and a Fire eel in there.

Pic of one of the new eels Ee210

Pic of one of the new eels Eel111
    Back to top Go down
    CajunGator
    CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime2/27/2010, 9:59 pm

Those eels are very different. are they pretty active? aggressive??

Last edited by CajunGator on 2/27/2010, 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Rachael0805
    Captain
    Captain
    Rachael0805

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime2/27/2010, 10:02 pm

Knifes?
    Back to top Go down
    CajunGator
    CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime2/27/2010, 10:04 pm

Sorry, i corrected it. Been driving all day long... eyes are crossed LOL
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime2/27/2010, 10:14 pm

are these in ur new fry tank?
    Back to top Go down
    Rachael0805
    Captain
    Captain
    Rachael0805

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime2/27/2010, 10:46 pm

CajunGator wrote:
    Those eels are very different. are they pretty active? aggressive??

My neighbor said that they were very shy and that they never came out but this one has been out swimming around quite a bit and I got him to take a worm from my hand, the other one comes out now and then but when I come near the tank he hides again. They are fun to watch.

Tim: this is not the new fry tank, its the tank we moved the other fish to so the parents wouldn't kill any more. The fry tank is the same one its always been lol.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime2/27/2010, 11:00 pm

ok gotcha lol
    Back to top Go down
    dano
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major
    dano

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime2/27/2010, 11:37 pm

Have you got any hidey holes for them? They like to be able to get completely out of sight until the lights are dim.
    Back to top Go down
    Rachael0805
    Captain
    Captain
    Rachael0805

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime2/28/2010, 12:37 am

Yes, I have not changed the tank at all. They have several places to go.
    Back to top Go down
    alkomist
    Lieutenant General
    Lieutenant General
    alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
    ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime3/1/2010, 9:12 am

NICE!!!!!
    Back to top Go down
    VAMPY
    Warrant Officer 1
    Warrant Officer 1
    VAMPY

Favorite Fish: : Bettas, Gouramis, Corys

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime7/20/2010, 10:56 pm

I want a tire track eel so bad, but i'll have to wait tilli get a bigger tank. Is there a certain type of lighting that can be used to view nocturnal fish without interrupting the photo period?
    Back to top Go down
    Rachael0805
    Captain
    Captain
    Rachael0805

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime7/20/2010, 11:25 pm

I am not sure. We hand fed ours so he would come out and eat even while the lights were on. He jumped out of the tank one night though so we no longer have him.
    Back to top Go down
    VAMPY
    Warrant Officer 1
    Warrant Officer 1
    VAMPY

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime7/20/2010, 11:30 pm

Rachael0805 wrote:
    He jumped out of the tank one night though so we no longer have him.

Wow, didnt know they could do that, lol. I've lost some snakes and a tarantula, i wonder how far an eel would get?
    Back to top Go down
    Rachael0805
    Captain
    Captain
    Rachael0805

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime7/20/2010, 11:39 pm

Not far if you have cats and dogs. As far as reptiles, we have always found our snakes when they get out lol. We know where they are when the snake and the cat are hissing at eachother. Unfortunately the eel was defenseless.
    Back to top Go down
    VAMPY
    Warrant Officer 1
    Warrant Officer 1
    VAMPY

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime7/20/2010, 11:41 pm

I usually found mine under the fridge, lol. The tarantula was never seen again!!
    Back to top Go down
    pillierox1
    Lieutenant General
    Lieutenant General
    pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime7/21/2010, 7:01 am

well i had a zig zag eel and he jumped out as well and dog that is a blutick-heeler- beagle cross is not ur fishy friend. my black cat just watched it die. so ill be wanting to get one eventually just havent gotten round to it and i would cover any spots where they could jump out. im going to use some hard mesh stuff to cover any holes. oh they will get used to the lights my eel would slither round my filter head and just watch me while i watched him then he would do watch my betta girls coming close to him then run away like little school girls wen he turned his head at them, lol. u said that u hav other type of eels r they friendly? i loved my eel and i want to get more eventually and i heard some can be aggressive but some other website said they rnt so im gettin a bit confused. since u hav different ones r any of them aggressive?
    Back to top Go down
    BFinley
    Admin
    Admin
    BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime7/21/2010, 7:56 am

Cool!!!!
    Back to top Go down
    Rachael0805
    Captain
    Captain
    Rachael0805

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime7/21/2010, 11:40 am

We have had a tire track eel, a fire eel and a zig zag eel, none of them were aggressive at all. We really liked all of them.
    Back to top Go down
    CSnyder00
    CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime7/21/2010, 4:42 pm

That's creepy lookin! I'm not one much for eels!
    Back to top Go down
    pillierox1
    Lieutenant General
    Lieutenant General
    pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime7/21/2010, 6:04 pm

ill really want to get one so ill be finding a tire track eel or a zig zag again
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pic of one of the new eels   Pic of one of the new eels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pic of one of the new eels
    Page 1 of 1