UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

stocking list for my 55gal

Go down 
+7
fabfish
Dabula
Raschael
CajunGator
h0ngkn0t2
Joe Reborn
KMX
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

stocking list for my 55gal Empty
PostSubject: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 5:25 pm

well as a few of you know im breaking down my 55 gal sw and going fw (im getting a 28 gal nano for sw)

im gonna go cichlid and heres what i like so far :

Altolamprologus Calvus (are these guys aggressive)
Neolamprologus tretocephalus
Julidochromis marlieri

i need some ideas of what can go with these
so lets start a list

Last edited by tim on 2/4/2010, 6:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 5:36 pm

Nice choice as what to have so far. Calvus is a very nice African. I would go with some other Tangs such as some rock dwellers some of my fav come from these families.
Julidochromis <---Many types to choose from.
Neolamprologus

Or shell dwellers
Lamprologus of some kind.

For a 55G you don't want anything to big like Fronts ..they will out grow the 55G
Back to top Go down
Joe Reborn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Joe Reborn

Favorite Fish: : Red Festae, Frontosa, Red Zebra, Green Terror

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 5:41 pm

i would agree with KMX. Neolamprologus Brichardi is a nice fish.
Back to top Go down
Joe Reborn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Joe Reborn

Favorite Fish: : Red Festae, Frontosa, Red Zebra, Green Terror

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 5:45 pm

Neolamprologus tretocephalus or False Frontosa is nice looking too but i hear they are mean.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 5:47 pm

joe i like the false fronts lol i forgot about those
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 5:51 pm

My favorite tangs are the J. marlieri and the N. leleupi. Use a black substrate or b/w for a salt/pepper look with a black background and your fish will stand out.

stocking list for my 55gal DSC_0030-1

Last edited by h0ngkn0t2 on 2/4/2010, 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 5:59 pm

ok keep up the good fish i think i got two more allready. im gonna keep adding to list and see whats compatible or not
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 7:08 pm

The brichardi are best in a species only tank, when they breed the own the tank!
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 7:46 pm

Albino Bristlenose look pretty darm good in a black substrate tank as well.

stocking list for my 55gal DSC_0027
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 8:26 pm

once again crystal clear thanks for the pick hongknot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 9:38 pm

does anyone currently have any calvus?
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 10:04 pm

my lfs had a few but they were sky high $$$ , my lfs is always overpriced!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 10:06 pm

there 24 bucks at my lfs
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 10:10 pm

ours was $39.95... outrageous..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 10:41 pm

holy wow might as well get sw fish lol
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 10:43 pm

Why do you think buy so many fish online...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 10:45 pm

cus your lfs is a rip off lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/7/2010, 1:45 am

anyone else?
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/7/2010, 8:10 am

You need to add some shell dwellers
Back to top Go down
Raschael
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Raschael

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/7/2010, 9:30 am

I don't know if I would do shell dwellers if you are going to stick with calvus, from what I have heard, the calvus may eat the shell dwellers. Not sure what to recommend though. . . I don't know the fish from that lake very well. :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/8/2010, 9:05 pm

i love shell dwellers but id rather put some calvus in the tank.

so can anyone else help me out?
Back to top Go down
Dabula
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Dabula

Favorite Fish: : Any and All Peacock Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/9/2010, 1:13 pm

I have a 3" back calvus that does well in a 29G with half OB Peacocks and half Hap Blu Ahli's. They grow at a slower rate than other fish so he has seen two different batches of 25 fish come and go over the last year and a half and I have had no aggresssion problems. He sticks to his spot on the holey rock and everyone else just swims by...
Good fish to add for a variety...
stocking list for my 55gal Dsc04310
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/9/2010, 4:50 pm

Dabula wrote:
I have a 3" back calvus that does well in a 29G with half OB Peacocks and half Hap Blu Ahli's. They grow at a slower rate than other fish so he has seen two different batches of 25 fish come and go over the last year and a half and I have had no aggresssion problems. He sticks to his spot on the holey rock and everyone else just swims by...
Good fish to add for a variety...
stocking list for my 55gal Dsc04310

thanks ALOT, bout time someone answered my question, about how long does it take for them to get to breeding age?
Back to top Go down
fabfish
Sergeant
Sergeant
fabfish

Favorite Fish: : my favorite fish are my 15 inck king kamfa breeding pair of flowerhorn

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/9/2010, 5:14 pm

go to homo depo and buy silica sand , it should be in a brown bag , in the block and cement section
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime2/9/2010, 5:29 pm

cool thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stocking list for my 55gal   stocking list for my 55gal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stocking list for my 55gal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next