UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~

Go down 
+8
alkomist
princess11
philuponthepho
moparace
Rachael0805
CajunGator
nitty
S&FW_FishyFriend
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/3/2010, 12:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

I bought a 29 gallon BioCube the other day and have 30 lbs of live sand, about 15-20 lbs of live rock (will add more shortly). My question to ya'll is: what all should I put in here? I know I want a pair of False-Perculas and a long-tentacled anemone. I was also thinking of maybe a flame angelfish, some sort of blenny, perhaps a firefish, I would like to do a little bit of reefing as well...

****UPDATE**** The current stock list is:
2 False Perculas
1 Flame Hawkfish
1 Bangaii Cardinalfish
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Mandarin Dragonet

1 Halloween Hermit Crab
5 Blueleg Hermit Crabs
4 Astrea Snails
3 Nassarius Snails

1 Sand Sifting Starfish

1 Branching Hammer
1 Pulsing Xenia

Also, my water pH is currently at about 7.6, but I need it to be between 8.2- 8.6 ish, what is the safest way to do that for this type of setup (saltwater, future reef?). Would the API pH up be ok? Or no...?

**** UPDATE**** I added Kent Marine Buffer and my pH is 8.3

Here's a pic of the setup as of this instant:
My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 2quls78

Now this is what I have going on in there! Yay!!!!!

My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 123nrs4

Here is the tank as of 2/16/2010, after the anemone died... cry $$$
My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 2vj6j2p

As of 2/23/10:
My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 2mez6lu

Last edited by S&FW_FishyFriend on 3/1/2010, 8:18 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating stock list...)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
nitty

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/15/2010, 2:03 pm

After pairing up. I've had false perc's that layed eggs after 3 months.
They grow real slow though.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/15/2010, 2:14 pm

hmmm.......
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/16/2010, 8:59 pm

Update: 2/16/2010

My Bubble Tip Anemone died, my two Ocellaris Clowns are doing ok, but seem lost in the giant tank... I look forward to adding to the tank. My clean up crew has filtered through all the sand and after wiping down the inside of my tank everything looks great! (except the empty spot where the anemone used to be :{

Here is the tank as of 2/16/2010, after the anemone died... cry $$$
My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 2vj6j2p
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/16/2010, 9:10 pm

Nice and clean.

LOOKS GREAT
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/16/2010, 9:14 pm

Looking really good Miranda. Looks like your leap into Salty is working out for you. but, what i have heard from most---> Be patient, add slowly, and grow with it!
Congratz.
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/16/2010, 9:14 pm

Here's a pic of the False Percula clowns in the tank:
My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 2419fh1

They are so funny, they don't quite know that the hand in the tank means food yet.... they'll learn...!
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/16/2010, 9:18 pm

CajunGator wrote:
Looking really good Miranda. Looks like your leap into Salty is working out for you. but, what i have heard from most---> Be patient, add slowly, and grow with it!
Congratz.

Actually Cajun, this is my 2nd saltwater tank. The first one I didn't do all my homework on and cut too many corners, so this is my effort at SW done right! The first one is still running and has a few astrea snails, a blue legged hermit crab, a Maroon clownfish and a scooter blenny... but it's also host to some other less desirable life forms... of the worm variety... I think tim knows what I'm talking about!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/17/2010, 8:29 am

aww lame!!! dont remind tim!!! his wallets still hurting!!!!
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/17/2010, 8:29 pm

alkomist wrote:
aww lame!!! dont remind tim!!! his wallets still hurting!!!!

I didn't mean it like that, I just meant we all go through stuff like this... well, most of us! Sorry tim, I'm not hatin' though!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/18/2010, 8:27 am

lol
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/22/2010, 3:54 pm

Here it is now including the 2 Bangaiis, Flame Hawk & Branching Hammer:

2 Bangaii Cardinals
My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 25ezgwm

Branching Hammer (after only an hour in my tank), it's already open more than that now My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 690297 ...:
My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Ezmpmf

My Flame Hawkfish peeking out of the rock to see what's happening...:
My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Vrsd4n

Here's my Flame Hawk showing off his nice color!:
My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 2aj9w8i

And here's a nice group shot! (guess the Bangaiis didn't want to be in the pic!):
My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 T7cz2x

So........? What do ya'll think? Nitty got me the hook up! I'll post more pics of the Branching Hammer later as it come out more!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/22/2010, 3:58 pm

NICE!!!!!!!
comming out great!!!!!
and keep the pix comming!!!!! they look awsome!!!
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/22/2010, 4:04 pm

Just to give you an idea of the quality of these fish: they were netted out of a tank (one of the Bangaiis jumped onto the ground), transported to our hotel room where they were placed into an uncycled tank I threw together the night before with absolutely no hides, then netted again the next morning, put in a styrofoam box, placed in the trunk of our rental car (where it got waaaaaay to cold) for 5 hours, and then finally after about an hour of drip acclimation they were placed in my tank and they look that good! That's quality! They Bangaiis looked stressed (lost a lot of color when I pulled them out of the trunk once we got home, but they colored up within 10 min of being in the bucket while being acclimated... They are really awesome!!!! I felt bad doing it to them, but logistically speaking it's the best I could do at that point in time.... But they are happy now!!!!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/22/2010, 4:30 pm

Well done Miranda.. very nice to meet both of you at the auction. Really great pickups with Nitty.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/22/2010, 4:31 pm

Those are some pretty sick fish!!!! hard to find a fish thatl go through all that and still live in nice kolor!!!!!!!!
WAY TO GO!!!! My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 565291
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/22/2010, 5:12 pm

Here's a pic of the Branching Hammer about 30 min ago:
My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Xdgvb7

Branching out more and more each minute that goes by....
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/22/2010, 5:29 pm

Hammers love Phyto Feast.
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/22/2010, 5:30 pm

Guess I'm gonna have to get some! Yum!
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/22/2010, 5:35 pm

When you put it in the fridge, put it right beside the baking soda. That way, the baking soda kills any odor that may come from the bottle.
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

Favorite Fish: : halfmoon bettas and any nice looking cichlids

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 12:08 am

tight very nice set up cool
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 9:07 am

KEEP UP the GOOD WORK!!
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 3:52 pm

Here's the newest pics of my BioCube saltwater tank... ENJOY!!!

Here's a group shot of the entire tank:
My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 2mez6lu

Here is a pic of the Halloween Crab and my Flame Hawk eyeing him suspiciously...
My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 14l7jmq

Here is a partial group shot:
My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 15wgb2t

Here is a close-up of the Halloween Crab:
My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Idd3pl

Here are the False Percs with others:
My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 N65107
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 3:55 pm

looking good. halloween crabs are the coolest looking hermits
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 3:58 pm

That look awsome!!!
how much did that cost u??? total.....
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 4:25 pm

Looking really good Miranda... keep us uptodate with pics.. LOL
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 4:32 pm

After the fake stability fiasco + my new livestock the total now about $1,031 and counting...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~   My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My BioCube Adventure! ~~~ <>< ~~~~
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next