UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

setting up my 90g

Go down 
+5
snowflake311
CajunGator
ssteelhead
KMX
JACK D
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/20/2010, 8:21 am

I finally got it set up!
Here it is draining after the initial leak test and rinse. Note the siphon running into PVC that is routed out the back door.
setting up my 90g DSCN1615setting up my 90g DSCN1613setting up my 90g DSCN1616
And the slow adding of washed sand sick
setting up my 90g DSCN1617
And the refilling
setting up my 90g DSCN1618
I added a good 20lbs of sand from other tanks to help avoid a cycle as well as an emperor 400 that was borrowed from a different tank.
More pics coming soon!
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/20/2010, 8:31 am

Very nice! I like them 90s, mine is growing on me... lol!
Back to top Go down

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/20/2010, 8:44 am

Its a little too tall for my liking but I got the tank and stand for $75 so I'm not complaining! lol! I may end up having to get a mask and snorkel for tank maintenance... I cant reach the bottom of the tank without sticking my face in the water haha
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/20/2010, 8:49 am

Thats funny!!! haha
Back to top Go down

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/20/2010, 8:54 am

lol! Ya I get to swim in my tank lol!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/20/2010, 8:58 am

go fern, go fern, go fern, setting up my 90g 265353
Back to top Go down
ssteelhead
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : oscar

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/20/2010, 9:11 am

lol I have to wear a wife beater (scary isn't it?) when I reach to the bottom of my 55 or my shirt sleeve gets wet

I was going to do sand in my tank but after washing the sand I put the first bowlful in the tank and saw the cloud and removed it so I have river rock instead :P
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/20/2010, 9:13 am

vERY nICE pICKUP..... Glad your set up has begun. Congrats..
Keep the pictures coming on your Setup, and esp. the Final Tank.
Congrats.
Back to top Go down

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/20/2010, 9:23 am

ssteelhead wrote:
lol I have to wear a wife beater (scary isn't it?) when I reach to the bottom of my 55 or my shirt sleeve gets wet

I was going to do sand in my tank but after washing the sand I put the first bowlful in the tank and saw the cloud and removed it so I have river rock instead :P

I always wear a wife beater when doing my tanks... I always end up soaked with some nasty crud or another on me lol!

CajunGator wrote:
vERY nICE pICKUP..... Glad your set up has begun. Congrats..
Keep the pictures coming on your Setup, and esp. the Final Tank.
Congrats.
I will try to take some pics of it tonight. It has my red jewel fry in it now along with a few plants and some driftwood I pulled out of my 75g and tossed in it. I need to take a video of the red jewel fry, they follow me around the tank! Its the cutest thing ever!
Back to top Go down
ssteelhead
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : oscar

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/20/2010, 9:34 am

fry are so cute fish
Back to top Go down

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/20/2010, 11:21 am

they think your mom :) i like the pvc set up for drainage lol. are you just gonna have the fry in the tank?
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/20/2010, 11:34 am

I love setting up new tanks I hate the cycleing part. I can't wait to get my 125 gal this spring. It's going to be a lot of work moving fish and tanks around but will be fun.

What are you going to stock it with? I can't wait to see it when it's done.
Back to top Go down

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/20/2010, 11:46 am

I rig things up like that PVC all the time! If I don't have the tool for the job I make it lol!
Nope, the fry are just in there till they get bought (soon I hope) and to keep the bacteria alive. After that I'm not sure yet whats going in the tank.
Back to top Go down

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/20/2010, 11:49 am

Snowflake, I didn't have a cycle at all. 50% of the sand was taken out of cycled tanks and so was the filter. I also washed 2 dirty filter pads in the tank so that the bacteria I washed off them could spread about the tank.
If you have a few up and running tanks you can steal enough substrate, decor and filter media from them that you never have to wait on a cycle.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/20/2010, 5:38 pm

Oh yeah I know about seeding tanks. But when I set up my first tank I really did not like to cycle it. For my next tank i'm just going to Move filters around or run a filter on my old tanks for a few weeks before setting up.

Can't wait to see what you will put in it.
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/20/2010, 6:13 pm

It's coming along nicely. Keep us posted w/ more pics.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/21/2010, 11:43 am

setting up my 90g 858205 More pics when you get further along!
Back to top Go down

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/21/2010, 1:55 pm

Well I got stuck at home with a sick kid today and the working computer doesn't have a card doohickey.....So yall with have to wait another day or so for more pics.
I'm not really doing any real decorating in the tank till I get the red jewel fry out of it.... Why make it all purdy when you will just have to tear it up again?
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 8:23 am

congrats on the smokin deal u got their fern!!
cant wait to see how it ends up lookin when ur all done!!! setting up my 90g 102652
Back to top Go down

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 8:56 am

Ok here is some more pics of how it sits now. There's nothing really fancy going on in it yet.... Just some sand, a stick with some java and windleves fern and a sword plant that I have yet to plant. The current stock is a gaggle of red jewel fry and a bunch of Malaysian trumpet snails. The filtration is 1 emperor 400 and an ehem aquaball till I get a filter for the tank.
setting up my 90g DSCN1973setting up my 90g DSCN1974setting up my 90g DSCN1975setting up my 90g DSCN1976setting up my 90g DSCN1977
Back to top Go down

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 8:57 am

Sorry about how fuzzy the jewel pics are.... They were eating lol!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/25/2010, 9:14 am

nice lookin jewel!!! and tank haha
way to go! looks great!
wat u plan on puttin in their after the jewel?
Back to top Go down

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/25/2010, 9:23 am

This will be the fronts and moorii's temporary home till I get my bigger tank and get it ready to go. Then.... I'm not sure.... It may turn into an all male cichlid tank. But I really don't know yet lol!
Back to top Go down
kfennell
Private
Private

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/29/2010, 12:21 pm

A gaggle eh? Is that the correct word for fish groups? I thought it was just for geese
Back to top Go down

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime1/29/2010, 12:23 pm

lol! A gaggle is a whole bunch of fish that I'm too lazy to count lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

setting up my 90g Empty
PostSubject: Re: setting up my 90g   setting up my 90g Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

setting up my 90g
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next