UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Setting up a Betta tank...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KALAHARA
Private
Private
KALAHARA

Favorite Fish: : Black Moor
Black Oranda
Shubunkin
Betta

Setting up a Betta tank... Empty
PostSubject: Setting up a Betta tank...   Setting up a Betta tank... Icon_minitime8/27/2009, 10:36 am

So I've never owned warm water fish before I was always a goldfish keeper for years and then took a break in fish keeping for I had some health issues for a few years. But every time my sister and I go out shopping I always see the poor little Betta fish shoved off in a cup on a shelf with no real care taken for them struggling to keep alive.
So I decided to try and make one Betta fish live better and went out pricing tank systems and doing research for it's been over 10 years since I had fish much less I had no experience at all with warm water fish. So I've been research girl buried under Aquarium and Betta fish books.

I ended up finding a sweet deal on a 29 gallon tank - which is probably really large for just one Betta but like I said I got a absolute steal of a deal on it so it cost less for me to get a larger tank then a smaller system. So it's sorta gonna be a Betta paradise I guess lol I've been going back and forth with the idea of getting one of those screens and dividing the tank space in half maybe for two fish instead of just one.

Has anyone here have a divided tank? Have you had any issues or problems in doing this with tank cleaning and upkeep? Can you offer any advice on divided tanks?
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

Setting up a Betta tank... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting up a Betta tank...   Setting up a Betta tank... Icon_minitime8/27/2009, 10:59 am

i divided my 70 gallon seamless glass tank with some Plexiglas. they are custom made to fit the tank and i drilled a bunch of holes in them. i have a spray bar that circulates water plus a filter that takes water from one end of the tank and releases it on the other end. i guess i can not say much about it as each of my sections have a filter intake.

so long story short: it can be done.
Back to top Go down

Setting up a Betta tank...
Page 1 of 1