UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

cichlids for a 75g planted tank?

Go down 
+2
typicaltony
philuponthepho
6 posters
AuthorMessage

cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Empty
PostSubject: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 3:09 pm

Ok, I just had to fully gut my 75g planted community tank to move it 6" cichlids for a 75g planted tank? 196631 So I think I may put cichlids in there that I can still have plants with...... Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 5:36 pm

Blue moorii's won't mess with your plants. Same goes for blood parrots and discus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 5:42 pm

Mooriis may work, I've never been a fan of the blood parrots or discus.... they look funny.
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/16/2010, 2:11 am

alot of south american would work well but stay away from most africans. they will make a salad bar out of those plants.
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/16/2010, 2:14 am

cichlids for a 75g planted tank? 858205
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/16/2010, 6:10 am

Aww really? I was hoping to African with it........
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/16/2010, 12:22 pm

you could go with kribs or dwarf cichlids, kribs are soooo easy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/16/2010, 8:01 pm

How about fulus or sp44 or german reds?
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/17/2010, 8:31 pm

is about what kind of plants and how is planted but sure don't put in mbunas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/18/2010, 5:56 am

Heavily planted and every kind of plant I could get fish I even have 2-3 locally harvested plants in there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/18/2010, 12:25 pm

Fern wrote:
Aww really? I was hoping to African with it........

my africans have almost destoryed 2 fake plastic plants. i guess they didnt like were i put them. so id say no africans with live plants
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/18/2010, 3:14 pm

how about angels
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/18/2010, 3:30 pm

Angels are too cliche and run of the mill for me. I'm looking for some higher end breeders to go in it.
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/18/2010, 7:40 pm

what doyou mean higher end breeders?
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/18/2010, 8:01 pm

I believe that she means fish that pull more money for fry and fish that are more rare than the angels.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/18/2010, 8:08 pm

You hit it on the nose!
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/19/2010, 7:40 pm

is no a problem if you have free plants area in the tank thats work for me but the only plant I keep is Java Fern so you do an experiment with yours
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/20/2010, 7:32 am

I think I will put some brichardi/ fairy cichlids in the tank. Jack has them in a lightly planted tank and he says they are good with them. Not really the high end cichlid I was looking for but I have always been fascinated with them.
Now another question, has anyone tried them with corys before? Will they work together?
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/20/2010, 2:14 pm

wow, i just did a yahoo search and they look very cool.
i think my lfs had them with a bunch of shells and they bred like crazy!
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 12:20 pm

have you considered appisto's?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 12:29 pm

alan j t wrote:
have you considered appisto's?
Can you give me a full name and/or pic?
Not sure if I should put anything other than a few plecos in the tank.... The bricardis are known to take over tanks.
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 3:08 pm

appistogramma.
if you google it you will see all the different kinds.
there a s. american cichlid, but im sure the other cichlids your pondering will dominate the tank
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime1/22/2010, 3:18 pm

I've heard of those.... They would almost be a waste of tank size in a 75g.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cichlids for a 75g planted tank?   cichlids for a 75g planted tank? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cichlids for a 75g planted tank?
Page 1 of 1