UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Tiger Shovelnose Catfish

Go down 
+2
KMX
Rachael0805
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

Tiger Shovelnose Catfish Empty
PostSubject: Tiger Shovelnose Catfish   Tiger Shovelnose Catfish Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 12:25 am

Tiger Shovel Nose Cat
Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum

Size a little over 3 feet
tank 180 gallon
ph 6.8
temp 78 f
origin
amazon basin

The Tiger Shovelnose Catfish (Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum) comes from from South America, the Amazon, Corintijns, Essequibo, Orinoco and ParanĂ¡ basins.
They strive in waters where the temperature is 78 degrees F and a pH of 6.0 - 7.6.
Shovelnoses spook easily. It was very hard for me to get these pics. Besides the minimum tank size of 180 gallons, rocks, plants, and large driftwood should be used to enhance and simulate a natural environment. Feeding the Tiger Shovelnose Cat is not difficult due to the fact that it is not picky. In the wild, this fish will eat fish and crustaceans.
In the aquarium setting, assorted worms, frozen foods, sinking catfish pellets, and dry foods are said to provide the proper nutrition. Mine eats feeders and tubifex worms.
Tank tops are required as splashing may occur if they get spooked. Mine hides a majority of the day and comes out at night about an hour before I turn the light off. They may be big and look tough, but they’re chickens at heart. The Tiger Shovelnose Catfish is not recommended for
anyone except serious Catfish lovers who possess big tanks or small ponds with strong filtration, and up to the challenge of handling a moderately difficult
fish. Not much is known about the breeding habits of the Tiger Shovelnose Catfish, but it is thought that the females have a fuller stomach and overall shape. This is my favorite fish in the tank right now. This pictures I have included are of my Shovelnose.
Enjoy!

Tiger Shovelnose Catfish Sdc10325

Tiger Shovelnose Catfish Sdc10326

Tiger Shovelnose Catfish Sdc10327
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Shovelnose Catfish   Tiger Shovelnose Catfish Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 7:40 am

Very nice Library post. Tiger Shovelnose Catfish 393849
Back to top Go down
summinc
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : shovel nose tiger catfish

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Shovelnose Catfish   Tiger Shovelnose Catfish Icon_minitime1/31/2011, 10:00 pm

very nice
Back to top Go down
legend
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Shovelnose Catfish   Tiger Shovelnose Catfish Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 8:01 pm

i have a tiger shovelnose catfish that a guy didnot want and he seems to have his upper lip twisted like back is he sick trying all sorts of medicine need help
Back to top Go down
TheGodParticle
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheGodParticle

Favorite Fish: : Dats, Geo's, Fronts, Pikes. I collect the rare stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Shovelnose Catfish   Tiger Shovelnose Catfish Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 8:49 pm

I've always had a soft spot for cats. I've hosted all sorts. Red Tails, Shovelnose's, Tiger Shovelnoses, Red Tail Shovel nose hybrids, Asian Red Tails, but by far my favorite catfish of all is the Tigrinus... You should check that one out.
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Shovelnose Catfish   Tiger Shovelnose Catfish Icon_minitime7/8/2011, 7:34 am

My favorite catfish is Synodontus Angelicus!!

Mine just reach his 20th year!!

yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Shovelnose Catfish   Tiger Shovelnose Catfish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiger Shovelnose Catfish
Page 1 of 1