UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours

Go down 
+8
snowflake311
chicknefoot87
philuponthepho
cichlid mania
CSnyder00
Pitbull
KMX
CajunGator
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Empty
PostSubject: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/17/2009, 12:12 pm

Awesome Video by Jordan ... YEs it can be done within 24hrs!!! enjoy....

Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/17/2009, 12:20 pm

The key is to make sure you have all males. Nice Vid.
Back to top Go down
Pitbull
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Pitbull

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/17/2009, 1:00 pm

Nice Avatar Kory!!!
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/17/2009, 1:08 pm

Nice video. Wish the guy was a bit more professional. It would make this much more informational!

"You guys are probably thinking I'm an idiot for sucking on the end of this thing but ya gotta do what ya gotta do...."

Wow.
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/17/2009, 1:15 pm

Great video...I need to get some of that cycle......anyone heard of it?
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/17/2009, 1:21 pm

Nope. But he did say that he needed to do a water change to keep the ammonia down, so it wasn't truly cycled. Plain water will test 0,0,0. You need live bacteria to truly cycle. Why he wouldn't just use filter squeezings and established media from those other tanks is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/17/2009, 1:23 pm

its called CYCLE in a bag, bacteria, PRESTO.... its there LOL
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/17/2009, 1:26 pm

Yeah but it still takes weeks for your chemicals to level off with most of the stuff. It's not a true cycle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/17/2009, 3:52 pm

If the bacteria isn't refrigerated it is dead and useless.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/17/2009, 3:53 pm

i need to check with Jordan. it appears to be dry???? how is that possible??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/17/2009, 4:09 pm

Bacteria in a dry for is most defiantly dead.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/21/2009, 9:32 pm

fern, evidently this is new.. I checked with Jordan and he called it a dry cycle mix that is activated when it gets wet. It is made by national fish pharmaceuticles and is called Clearwater Aqua Gold.

I will check it out and post info...

Aqua Gold

USE: This is actual living bacteria and enzymes in concentrated form, which are activated upon its introduction into water. These bacteria contribute to the production of the nitrogen cycle, which is so crucial in all aquarium systems. This material gives its user the option of increasing the activity of an already established filter, or reactivating a filter damaged by medications, and of course the starting up of new systems. Great for under gravel or outside power filters. Clears green water in ponds and tanks. Helps prevent disease by improving water quality.
DOSAGE: 7.5 grams per 1000 gallons of water. Double dose lasts 4 to 6 months under 50 degrees Fahrenheit. 1 packet (treats 2000 gal) 1 pound (treats approx. 60,000 gal)
This product has shown to be effective on Golden Algae (Prymnesium Parvum).
1 Pound Size Shown

Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Aqua-Gold
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/21/2009, 10:29 pm

,,, Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours 690297 20 grams about $20 1lb about $60 plus shipping....

Last edited by CajunGator on 12/21/2009, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/21/2009, 10:29 pm

Sounds EXPENSIVE
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/22/2009, 12:16 pm

Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours 858205
Back to top Go down
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

Favorite Fish: : Goldfish and Koi! I have to represent for the serious goldfish hobbyist.

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/22/2009, 3:28 pm

But its only 1 Tbs for every 1000g. 20 grams would cycle a lot of tanks.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/22/2009, 3:31 pm

yea plenty of tanks, it also says it can be used to add additional bacteria to your existing tanks, Plus, it is dry, so i dont know what the shelf life would be for this stuff..
I am ordering some today, to try and I will keep everyone posted.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/23/2009, 6:06 pm

I have used liquid cycle stuff it in no way an instant cycle. This stuff might be differant but it help get it going but does not 100% cycle the tank for you.
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/24/2009, 1:15 am

i've used bio spira w/ great results

it refrigerated and you have to use it immediatly
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/24/2009, 7:36 am

alan j t wrote:
i've used bio spira w/ great results

it refrigerated and you have to use it immediatly

That is what I normally use and have awesome results......Unfortunately the LFS doesn't carry it here cursing
Back to top Go down
cichlid mania
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime12/24/2009, 7:37 am

CajunGator wrote:
yea plenty of tanks, it also says it can be used to add additional bacteria to your existing tanks, Plus, it is dry, so i dont know what the shelf life would be for this stuff..
I am ordering some today, to try and I will keep everyone posted.

Where are you ordering it from?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime4/4/2011, 12:01 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Nice Avatar Kory!!!

Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours 858205 lol! haha
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime4/4/2011, 12:04 pm

no video any more lol.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime4/4/2011, 12:08 pm

very old post. My avatar was different ...just thought I would be funny.....
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime4/4/2011, 4:59 pm

Yes I'm late too !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours   Setting up that   Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Setting up that Cichlid SHOW TANK in 24hours
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next