UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!

Go down 
+10
typicaltony
Rachael0805
chicknefoot87
bimmertech
philuponthepho
R2 Ranch
CSnyder00
khrister
KMX
h0ngkn0t2
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/19/2009, 12:02 am

First topic message reminder :

I added ceramic logs to my tank last week, and my male regular fin ABN has been hanging around the rim with his tail hanging out. I noticed tonight he was deeper inside the cave and not coming out, so I shined a flashlight in there to see him fanning a ton of eggs in the back of the log! My first batch of ABN fry if everything goes as planned!! I'll move him and the babies in a few days once I have wigglers. Or should I move them now? This will be his first attempt at caring for the babies so I didn't want to spook him. Any suggestions are welcomed. Will post pics once they hatch!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
CSnyder00

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 10:38 am

Hong, can you take a picture and differentiate between the male and female parent? I have a few bn's and want to know how to sex mine. Side by side pics are the easiest way to study and tell the difference.
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 12:38 pm

Once your BN's are older, it gets pretty obvious which one is male vs female. Males have a face full of bristles; most females have none ...others have a few on the sides of their faces.

Here's a picture of my regular BN's I'm trying to breed.

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 IMG_7079
Male

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 IMG_7081
Female
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 1:54 pm

So the females don't get much if any brisltes? If that is true I managed to luck out and get a pair by buying 2! lol I guess I'm lucky!
Back to top Go down
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

Favorite Fish: : Goldfish and Koi! I have to represent for the serious goldfish hobbyist.

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 5:36 pm

That is SO cool!!!! Good job! Getting fish to breed is very rewarding.
Congratulations! Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 772341
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 9:48 pm

That is very cool. Congrats. I dont have any advice for you but good luck with everything and keep us updated. Its fun to learn from other people's experiences!
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/10/2009, 11:47 pm

CSnyder00 wrote:
So the females don't get much if any brisltes? If that is true I managed to luck out and get a pair by buying 2! lol I guess I'm lucky!

Yes, females don't get as many bristles, and the males look like Medusa. I Finally had the time to take pics of my albino ones that spawned earlier this month.

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 DSC00099
Male - Dad

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 DSC00095
Female - Mom

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 DSC00131
Oldest male in my tank

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 DSC00122
Baby bristlenose
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/11/2009, 12:40 am

thats awesome. are you gonna sell those bad boys?
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/11/2009, 7:35 am

Where did you get your breeding cave? I may have to put that on my Christmas list!
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/11/2009, 12:30 pm

Gonna sell them once they are bigger. Around 1.5-2". I want to keep some of them to form pairs.
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/22/2009, 8:34 am

New clutch of wigglers inside the cave this morning. Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 265353 This guy is on a roll.

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 IMG_0364
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/22/2009, 8:59 am

Very nice good
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/22/2009, 1:19 pm

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 858205
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/22/2009, 4:29 pm

thats nice. how often do they have babies?
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/22/2009, 7:17 pm

Every 4 weeks, give or take a few days. I've gotten about 40-50 BN fry from each spawn.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/22/2009, 9:28 pm

Wow. Excellent. I am really hoping I can get mine to spawn. They are popular around here but no one can spawn them. I have the market cornered!
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/22/2009, 10:42 pm

CSnyder00 wrote:
Wow. Excellent. I am really hoping I can get mine to spawn. They are popular around here but no one can spawn them. I have the market cornered!

That would be awesome. What is your set-up for the BN? Mine is: driftwood + 78-80F + Caves + Sinking Spirulina wafers
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/23/2009, 9:26 am

I have everything but the caves until Christmas morning, then I'll have all of that almost exactly the same!
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/30/2009, 11:23 pm

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 IMG_0119
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/30/2009, 11:25 pm

Man....you are like BREEDER MASTER!
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/30/2009, 11:43 pm

LoL, I just feed them and clean their tanks, they do the rest......at gun point. :)
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/31/2009, 1:43 pm

Congrats dude.

My brown breeders have been doing the same, one batch after the other, it's annoying to keep up with them.
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/31/2009, 2:12 pm

awwww look at all the little babies lol! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
bristlenosedude
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : PLECOS AND AFRICAN RIFT LAKE CICHLIDS

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/31/2009, 3:27 pm

There is something in the air. I have gotten over 1000 fry in the last 6 weeks and have 2 brown dads on 3 clutches of eggs each now. Just got another 3 L199 fry hatched out yesterday.
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/31/2009, 8:47 pm

bristlenosedude wrote:
There is something in the air. I have gotten over 1000 fry in the last 6 weeks and have 2 brown dads on 3 clutches of eggs each now. Just got another 3 L199 fry hatched out yesterday.

Congrats. Let us know when you decided to sell those bad boys. :)

Is it okay to mix the plecos if they are different ages? I have two separate groups one month apart, didn't want to combine them in a 40 Breeder if they'll end up killing each other.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/2/2010, 10:23 am

I would think they would be fine until they reach adulthood and get territorial.
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/27/2010, 5:38 am

This bad boy is on a roll...
...and yes, thats my dog saying hi at the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!   Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albino Bristle Nose Pleco spawned!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next