UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

parrot has black on its head

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

Favorite Fish: : Discus, mollies, dojos & oscars

parrot has black on its head Empty
PostSubject: parrot has black on its head   parrot has black on its head Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 9:32 am

i'll try to upload pics but i just noticed black on the top of one of my jellybean parrots and the other parrot keeps attacking it. any ideas?
Back to top Go down
JMatthew
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
JMatthew

Favorite Fish: : Africans...including but, not just cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: parrot has black on its head   parrot has black on its head Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 10:09 am

Does it look almost like it scaped up against something which just rubbed onto it.

With parrots, it is likely stress marks. Check all your levels (Nitrates, Nitrites, Ammonia, etc). If needed then do the approriate water change.
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

PostSubject: Re: parrot has black on its head   parrot has black on its head Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 10:27 am

yea like he's been burned - will do the water change - can parrots be grouped together or should there only be 1 to a tank? this "sick" one is being picked up terribly by the other one and they've been together from day one per the former owner - no clue if I have a pair or siblings or what
Back to top Go down
JMatthew
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
JMatthew

Favorite Fish: : Africans...including but, not just cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: parrot has black on its head   parrot has black on its head Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 11:05 am

Yes you can keep them together. Do you have a lot of hiding places?
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

PostSubject: Re: parrot has black on its head   parrot has black on its head Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 11:08 am

think so but the one is becoming aggressive to the dojos too - he likes to fight with his reflection on the tank
Back to top Go down
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

Favorite Fish: : Goldfish and Koi! I have to represent for the serious goldfish hobbyist.

PostSubject: Re: parrot has black on its head   parrot has black on its head Icon_minitime12/9/2009, 6:50 pm

That used to happen to my orandas. The black would eat up their wen if it was left untreated.
It always started as a pretty small black wound on their head and over a week or so wound turn into a big deep wound ringed in black. I figured it was a bacterial infection and treated it with salt and some meds from the store.
I had one oranda that had one whole side of his face eatten by this stuff. He looked like the phantom of the opera.
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

PostSubject: Re: parrot has black on its head   parrot has black on its head Icon_minitime12/9/2009, 7:12 pm

i moved the parrots into another tank and the black is gone - i believe it was stress induced - thanks for all the help - i love this site as everyone helps everyone else - great job members! good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: parrot has black on its head   parrot has black on its head Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

parrot has black on its head
Page 1 of 1