UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos

Go down 
+9
jaiko1975
sassynurse2
AFRICAN757
pillierox1
BFinley
koolaid68
Flippercon
brenna
Jstump
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Jstump
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

Favorite Fish: : Metriaclima sp. "Msobo" Magunga

New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Empty
PostSubject: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime1/15/2012, 2:05 pm

I picked up a group of 11 of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos "maingano" yesterday. There were also 3 fry that came with them. I love their color and hopefully they start breeding for me!
Back to top Go down
Jstump
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime1/15/2012, 2:08 pm

New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Imag0511
Back to top Go down
brenna
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
brenna

Favorite Fish: : mollies and platys

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime1/15/2012, 4:03 pm

very beautiful fish! congrats
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime1/15/2012, 7:35 pm

I love these guys. I have only four but I have my first female holding! Good luck
Back to top Go down
Jstump
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime1/15/2012, 8:37 pm

Thanks! Their color is amazing. I like how vibrant they are! I can't wait for them to start breeding. usafishbox
Back to top Go down
koolaid68
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
koolaid68

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa, Blood Parrots, OB's, Blue Dolphin, & Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime1/16/2012, 10:08 am

I have a couple of these myself. i really like them, they are so beautiful!!!!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime1/16/2012, 10:41 am

Very nice Jason!They are great looking fish! New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos 772341 usafishbox
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime1/16/2012, 11:43 am

very nice
Back to top Go down
AFRICAN757
Private First Class
Private First Class
AFRICAN757

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime1/28/2012, 10:41 pm

wow im jealous very nice fish you have there
Back to top Go down
sassynurse2
sassynurse2

Favorite Fish: : 2 Clown Loaches...
Blue Dolphins 10.

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime1/29/2012, 8:22 pm

Beautifullllllllllllll!!!! yes
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime1/29/2012, 8:57 pm

nice.. yes
Back to top Go down
msmonikatou
Private First Class
Private First Class
msmonikatou

Favorite Fish: : Freshwater: African Cichlids
Saltwater: Maroon Clowns

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime1/29/2012, 9:02 pm

Gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime1/30/2012, 9:00 am

Super nice. usafishbox

I always like getting big groups.
Back to top Go down
Jstump
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime2/3/2012, 5:59 pm

came home and saw one of my females holding! Hopefully I can get some fry from her. I've been having trouble with my other fish not holding for very long.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime2/3/2012, 6:03 pm

Jstump wrote:
came home and saw one of my females holding! Hopefully I can get some fry from her. I've been having trouble with my other fish not holding for very long.
Good luck, Mine are doing the same thing. Less then a week and gulp.
Back to top Go down
Jstump
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime2/3/2012, 6:07 pm

I'm thinking about setting up a little 10 gallon and keep her by herself. She seems to be getting a little harrassed right now. I guess the other option i have is a breeder box.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime2/3/2012, 6:15 pm

I cant stand downstacking my mbuna tank for that. lol!
I do have a breederbox but catching them is such a pain.
Back to top Go down
sassynurse2
sassynurse2

Favorite Fish: : 2 Clown Loaches...
Blue Dolphins 10.

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime2/3/2012, 10:48 pm

Jstump wrote:
I'm thinking about setting up a little 10 gallon and keep her by herself. She seems to be getting a little harrassed right now. I guess the other option i have is a breeder box.

The males seem to be relentless when they are in breeding form. My Red Empress gets hounded by the male while she is holding till she either swallows are spits.
Back to top Go down
cichlidlady
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
cichlidlady

Favorite Fish: : All African Cichlids but especially Demasoni

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime2/3/2012, 11:54 pm

Jstump wrote:

Hey the breeder box (hard plastic) is the only way to go for me. I originally started doing that not because the females were being harassed but I didn't have any other smaller tanks and didn't want them to spit out the fry in the 135g and they get eaten. Even after getting smaller tanks I still use the breeder box. Yeah Flippercon it correct is a pain to catch the females but after doing it a few times I have some strategic moves I use.....a large net doesn't hurt either! fishing Good luck!
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime2/4/2012, 5:30 am

I keep several females with my breeder males and this seems to keep him occupied long enough to get to the point where I can strip the females .
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime2/4/2012, 10:35 am

Jstump wrote:

There scarrrred of you Jason! lol! funny New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos 772341 usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos   New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New colony of Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos
Page 1 of 1