UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

looking for new friends

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
greydragon12345
Private First Class
Private First Class
greydragon12345

Favorite Fish: : Angelfish,guppys

looking for new friends Empty
PostSubject: looking for new friends   looking for new friends Icon_minitime12/28/2011, 3:26 pm

hi i just moved to hixson Tenn and am looking for some new aquarium friends that are very close to me
thank you if you are
Robert Wright
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: looking for new friends   looking for new friends Icon_minitime12/28/2011, 7:00 pm

Never heard of Hixson. I'm in Dickson.
Back to top Go down
greydragon12345
Private First Class
Private First Class
greydragon12345

PostSubject: Re: looking for new friends   looking for new friends Icon_minitime12/28/2011, 8:57 pm

its real close to chattanooga
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: looking for new friends   looking for new friends Icon_minitime12/29/2011, 2:35 am

I'm west of Nashville.

Chattanooga is a beautiful area. Love the aquarium and ruby falls.
Back to top Go down
rastoma
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: looking for new friends   looking for new friends Icon_minitime2/23/2012, 8:31 pm

Hello. I'm in Jasper, TN about 40 minutes from Chattanooga. I've had many tanks in the past but have been out of the hobby for several years. Just got two of my kids their first tanks so getting the bug again to get a tank for myself :)

A few years ago I had a 65 gallon saltwater tank w/overflow, lots of live rock a few fish, some gobies, shrimp and a starfish. First time with salt. The entire time I had it, I lost 2 creatures. The chocolate chip starfish and a goby (don't remember the species). The starfish just died after about a week and the goby disappeared. After I sold the tank and supplies and got it moved out, I found a piece of leathery something behind where the tank used to be. It was a dehydrated goby. I thought he had went in the overflow and I tore apart the sump looking for him. The tank had a full hood but had a TINY bit of space near the back where I had a homemade PVC spray bar along the length of the of the tank. Him finding that tiny opening would be like making a 3 point basketball shot from the length of a football field LOL

A 30 gallon brackish tank for a puffer. I forgot exact species but grew to a MONSTER. He was close to 2 inches when I got him and he grew to around 10". I didn't have an extra tank and was tired of making a small goldfish runs every week (he ate dried foods and other things in between). So I got 75 one day and figured they would last him a few days and he would just eat some when he wanted. About 70 were gone in about 10 minutes. The other 5 were maimed and I had to remove. He wanted to eat them but just couldn't. His belly was bumpy it was so full. I never made that mistake again LOL

I had a 20 gallon tank with a black ghost fish. Another 20 gallon freshwater misc. and a 10 gallon freshwater tank with neon tetras.

All 5 tanks up and running at the same time. I first bought a 20 gallon tank and got a few common freshwater fish. Got bit by the aquarium bug. I had all the above up and running about 9 months later (adding piece by piece every few months).

I got obsessive about cleaning the tanks. I was doing partial water changes twice a week on all but the saltwater. Cleaning the glass every day. All the freshwater tanks had two Penguin hob filters so that I could change the media in one without reducing the beneficial bacteria too much. I would change the media more often than was needed. I didn't do any live plants then. The water was so clear most of the time the fish literally looked like they swimming through air as it actually looked like there was no water in the tanks. I didn't use any bubbles or airstones.

I'm trying to think... I think the only freshwater creature I lost was a brackish blue filter shrimp.

Anyway.... had 3rd kid, so then I had no time at all and I had to do the work on the tanks after I was dead tired with everything else and it took all the fun out of it. So I got the guy who owned the LFS, which is closed now unfortunately, to buy everything. About 9 years later I want a fish tank again LOL. I can't afford to do what I did before nor do I have the space now. I feel like a newbie again and having fun helping the kids get their tanks going.

Well, that's all about me :)

Last edited by rastoma on 2/23/2012, 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sassynurse2
sassynurse2

Favorite Fish: : 2 Clown Loaches...
Blue Dolphins 10.

PostSubject: Re: looking for new friends   looking for new friends Icon_minitime2/23/2012, 8:58 pm

My sister lives in German town is that close to you? She has Hugh aquariums mine are trivial compared to mine.
Back to top Go down
rastoma
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: looking for new friends   looking for new friends Icon_minitime2/23/2012, 9:10 pm

sassynurse2 wrote:
My sister lives in German town is that close to you? She has Hugh aquariums mine are trivial compared to mine.

I edited my reply to give some background on what I've done in the past in case you're interested :)

Germantown is not too close to me. That's close to Memphis if I'm not mistaken, about 5-6 hours away.

I'm close to Chattanooga and about 3 hours from Nashville.
Back to top Go down
greydragon12345
Private First Class
Private First Class
greydragon12345

PostSubject: Re: looking for new friends   looking for new friends Icon_minitime2/24/2012, 12:37 pm

glad to have some one closer to me! right now i dont have anything ready to go soon i will have some angelfish and i am trying to get my bushy nose pleco to breed and my pearl gouramis so we shall see what happens right now i have no car no job and no money so i cant do much
Back to top Go down
sassynurse2
sassynurse2

Favorite Fish: : 2 Clown Loaches...
Blue Dolphins 10.

PostSubject: Re: looking for new friends   looking for new friends Icon_minitime2/24/2012, 4:12 pm

I am glad everyone is connecting. And I hope you find a job soon! I know it can be difficult.....Again hoping everything falls into place for you asap.
Back to top Go down
cassiebug
Private
Private
cassiebug

Favorite Fish: : corys, yoyo loach, bettas, guppies and (I know they're not fish) I love my rabbit snails!

PostSubject: Re: looking for new friends   looking for new friends Icon_minitime9/20/2012, 2:04 pm

New Guy Hi to all TN people, just found this site a few days ago, hope some of you are still on. I live in Dickson, it's about 35 miles west of Nashville. Noticed 2SciCrazed is in Dickson too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking for new friends   looking for new friends Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

looking for new friends
Page 1 of 1