UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

why is my tank cloudy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tjb0408
Private First Class
Private First Class
tjb0408

Favorite Fish: : Bettas
All types of shrimps

why is my tank cloudy Empty
PostSubject: why is my tank cloudy   why is my tank cloudy Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 10:05 pm

i need some anwers my tank is cloudy i have done everything i can to clear up the water but its not working.
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: why is my tank cloudy   why is my tank cloudy Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 10:14 pm

Overfeeding, smell the water. If it smells like garbage, then waterchange it and be sure to not overfeed them. Or just stick a bunch of plecos in there and they will clean up the excess food for you.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: why is my tank cloudy   why is my tank cloudy Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 10:18 pm

Get some cleaners.... Plecos or cats. Do a water change...30-40%. Make sure you get the waste on the bottom of the tank.
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: why is my tank cloudy   why is my tank cloudy Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 10:21 pm

Or just put a bunch of plecos. Mine cleaned up all the excess poo and I just put in some extra carbon and was clear the next day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: why is my tank cloudy   why is my tank cloudy Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 10:26 pm

plecos and maybe use a magnum 350 with a polishing filter pad and or carbon in it.
Back to top Go down
JMatthew
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
JMatthew

Favorite Fish: : Africans...including but, not just cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: why is my tank cloudy   why is my tank cloudy Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 10:41 pm

I think the first response actually should have been...

What is "everything?" What specific actions have you taken to this point?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: why is my tank cloudy   why is my tank cloudy Icon_minitime10/29/2009, 6:18 am

Tank size filtration and inhabitants please. As well as maintenance schedule.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why is my tank cloudy   why is my tank cloudy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

why is my tank cloudy
Page 1 of 1