UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

neolamprologus multifasciatus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

neolamprologus multifasciatus Empty
PostSubject: neolamprologus multifasciatus   neolamprologus multifasciatus Icon_minitime12/23/2011, 8:10 pm

My Multies Spawned again cheers . It is the 3rd from this group. I ordered 7 about 8 months ago and ended up with 6m and 1f. What a bummer chin . The first spawn was around 10 and a month in they vanished Suspect . 2nd spawn same amount but 2 fry got decent size on them and they vanished as well Suspect . I'm hoping this time they make it, I need more females!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JelwLIu_rWQ&context=C3e22ea3ADOEgsToPDskItpgCGFtK-n8P3XHvgTMy-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: neolamprologus multifasciatus   neolamprologus multifasciatus Icon_minitime12/23/2011, 8:38 pm

if i may say so myself your tank looks great! and yeah i hope your babies make it too! and i hope my kenyi spits some fry in a week or 2 hopefully
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: neolamprologus multifasciatus   neolamprologus multifasciatus Icon_minitime12/23/2011, 9:50 pm

Hey flip are you separating the fry? I had red zebras on a 5g set up there cute
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: neolamprologus multifasciatus   neolamprologus multifasciatus Icon_minitime12/23/2011, 9:53 pm

jaiko1975 wrote:
Hey flip are you separating the fry? I had red zebras on a 5g set up there cute
Not with these guys, i keep the ph at 8.6.
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: neolamprologus multifasciatus   neolamprologus multifasciatus Icon_minitime12/23/2011, 9:56 pm

all my tanks are 8,5 and higher
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: neolamprologus multifasciatus   neolamprologus multifasciatus Icon_minitime12/23/2011, 10:31 pm

all my other tanks are tap 7.0
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: neolamprologus multifasciatus   neolamprologus multifasciatus Icon_minitime12/23/2011, 11:01 pm

its the hardness the water here is gh 10 out of the tap
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: neolamprologus multifasciatus   neolamprologus multifasciatus Icon_minitime12/23/2011, 11:03 pm

our gh and kh out the tap in Virginia Beach are really low.
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: neolamprologus multifasciatus   neolamprologus multifasciatus Icon_minitime12/23/2011, 11:06 pm

i believe it has to do with been so close to the ocean and ocean water mixing in with drinking water
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: neolamprologus multifasciatus   neolamprologus multifasciatus Icon_minitime12/24/2011, 7:04 am

that sound like it could be a factor.. i just think the city is trying to control everything and that messes with the balance of things, but i have well water which is prety very adic and soft
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: neolamprologus multifasciatus   neolamprologus multifasciatus Icon_minitime12/24/2011, 7:14 am

You are right ! You need more females ! Your other males are eating your babies. I would send you some females but I don't have any styro to line the boxes with and only have old heat packs .When I can get some styro , I'll let you know .
A video of my breeding colony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQokyKWIdxg

Ray
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: neolamprologus multifasciatus   neolamprologus multifasciatus Icon_minitime12/24/2011, 8:09 am

Please do. I love this tank and ir would be nice to see the colony double in size.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: neolamprologus multifasciatus   neolamprologus multifasciatus Icon_minitime12/24/2011, 8:14 am

congratz!! mine breed like rabbits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: neolamprologus multifasciatus   neolamprologus multifasciatus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

neolamprologus multifasciatus
Page 1 of 1