UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

SL-Meredith-Stock list

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

Favorite Fish: : As far as fresh water goes, it's Bettas!
For marine fish; Firefish, Cardinalfish, Gobies, Dragonets, and Sharks...

SL-Meredith-Stock list Empty
PostSubject: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime9/20/2011, 7:32 pm

Well, since I'm really just starting out, there isn't much yet...but I will add to it as time goes on and my system and reef matures.

MARINE

Fish:
Blue/Green Chromis (Chromis Viridis)- 2 "Swim & Swam"
Clownfish (Amphiprion Ocellaris)- 1 "Bill"
Scooter Blenny (Synchiropus Ocellatus)- 1 "Benny"

Inverts:
Peppermint Shrimp (Lysmata Wurdemanni Complex)- 1 "Edgar"
Red Leg Hermit Crab (Paguristes Cadenati)- 2 "Bruno & Spike"
Blue Leg Hermit Crab (Clibanarius Tricolor)- 2 "King & Midget"
Sea Slug (unidentified sp.)- 4 "Daddy, Momma, Violet & Baby"
Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata Amboinensis)- 1 "Jaques"
Emerald Crab (Mithraculus Sculptus)- 2 "Lefty & Sarge"
Mini Sea Star (Asterina sp.)- 1 "Stella"
Dwarf Cerith Snail (Cerithium sp.)- 50
Nassarius Snail (Nassarius sp.)- 4

Corals/Nems:
Jasmine Polyp (Knopia sp.)- 1 small cluster/frag
Button Polyp (Palythoa/Protopalythoa/Zoanthus)- 1 small cluster/frag
Yellow Star Polyp (Zoanthid sp.)- 1 large cluster
Large Button Polyp (Propalythoa sp.)- 1 small cluster shared on same frag as Yellow Stars

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TROPICAL

Fish:
Halfmoon Betta (Betta Splendens)- 1 "Chi"

Last edited by Meredith on 12/27/2011, 7:32 pm; edited 26 times in total
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime9/21/2011, 7:19 am

I don't want to tell you what to stock your tank with but I will tell you that Damsels can be nasty mean fish that being said if you want peaceful community type setup I would skip the Damsels especially Blue Devils they tend to nip and harass other fish and will kill them, I had it happen and never again will I keep Damsels other than that the stock list looks fine Dwarf Ceriths are great lil snails they will also help clean up your Diatom bloom you said in another thread your trates are still elevated so I would give the snails a good long slow acclimation seeing as though I think you already have them. here's a thought instead of the Damsels why not get 3 Blue/green Chromis? they are great community fish and very docile and the cardinals are the same very easy going fish. fire fish are also a great choice but the bottom line is it's your tank I just wanted you to know ahead of time what you are getting into.
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime9/21/2011, 10:28 am

yeah +1 on chromis. NEVER damsels.
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime9/21/2011, 12:12 pm

I had already ordered the snails when I noticed the first traces of what I was sure was the diatoms...but when you guys suggested not to add anything else yet I held off until I knew it would be okay to add them.

I had originally wanted the blue reef chromis, but the reef tank "guru" at Petco, where I ended up buying the fish, said that they were sensitive and since I was looking for a few hardy fish to put in there to help get my tank going he recommended the Damsels. I knew that they're aggressive and territorial, but I needed something that could deal with the cycling ups and downs of a new tank.
Now I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with them when get to the point where I'm ready to add other fish that I had originally planned on getting.
Hmmmm....I may have to start up a second little tank for just those two. rolling eye Hehehe!

I love the Firefish, and I also really like the Orange Spotted Goby and the little Neon Gobies, and there's a little guy that likes to skitter across the substrate and the rocks that I really like too...I think it's a Blenny of some sort, but I don't know for sure. It's just dang cute though! LOL! I might decide to add a clown fish, but I'm not sure about that yet.

I'll decide what critters to add once my tank is stable, and after I get my reef "planted."

Any suggestions for Corals, Nems, and such would be MORE than appreciated...I definitely want to get more Xenia and maybe another button polyp.....

Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime9/21/2011, 12:45 pm

Reef Chromis and the blue /green chromis are not the same B/G chromis are as hardy as Damesl but are not aggressive your gu has lost his ru lol!
Damsels are the type of fish that once your learn 1st hand about their behavior and later down the road dont want them in your tank you will find you cant even give them away even LFS don't want them back:(
you will want to wait six months before you add anemone and thats only if you have good strong lighting and your params are stable and stay that way, green Nems require less light then Rose colors BTA's are a good choice. some great starter corals that dont require high flow and strong light are
zoa's,xenia,mushrooms,leathers, green star polyps,buttons etc there are many different colors,shapes and varieties to choose from.
Blue Reef Chromis
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Chromis
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime9/21/2011, 12:50 pm

P.S. Blennies and Gobies are awesome lil fish as far as clowns you would Love them! if you get them get them either small or buy them as a mated pair...I liked getting them small and watching them decide who's the dominant one lol they dont call them clowns for nothin:)
good luck!!!!
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime9/21/2011, 12:59 pm

OOOoohhhhh! I see now! I was looking at the B/G Chromis and thought they were the reef Chromis! LOL! But yeah, the little guy in the bottom picture is the one I'd originally wanted. I still think I'm just going to set up a smaller tank just for the Damsels so I don't have to worry about them.
I definitely have to get the clowns small then...that's the whole point of a fish tank is to watch the fish do what they do! I can sit and watch my tank for hours, with only the few inhabitants I have.
Thank you for the tip, Ma'am! lol!
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime9/21/2011, 1:14 pm

b/g chromis and clowns are all in the damsel family too! It's a no win! HAHAHA
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime9/21/2011, 1:23 pm

LOL Pope!
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime9/21/2011, 1:24 pm

Oh Pshaw Pope! I'm in the same family as my Brother he's an a$$ but I'm not so there go's your theory lol!
Meredith if you are planning the sump/fuge you can keep the Damsels in the fuge!
yes! bannish the little buggers.... sorry I'm feelin fiesty:)
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime9/21/2011, 1:35 pm

ROFLOL! You guys are killin me! hehehe!

I didn't know they could go in the fuge! Well, that's where they'll go then...and hubby won't be fussing at me for setting up another tank! HA!!

I love you guys!
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime9/21/2011, 1:37 pm

OH, and I'm ALWAYS feisty... It's the Irish in me... LOL!
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime9/21/2011, 1:46 pm

so thats whats wrong with me! I'm Irish too!!!!and here I just thought it was manopause..
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime9/21/2011, 1:49 pm

that reminds me of a joke I heard...
what did the left boob say to the right boob???
"if we don't get some support around here soon people are gonna think we're nuts!" SL-Meredith-Stock list 772341
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime9/21/2011, 1:50 pm

ROFLOL! OMG no! I tried to blame it on the same thing...except I've been that way my whole life. However, Menopause has NOT helped anything! haha
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime9/21/2011, 1:53 pm

cwhip wrote:
that reminds me of a joke I heard...
what did the left boob say to the right boob???
"if we don't get some support around here soon people are gonna think we're nuts!" SL-Meredith-Stock list 772341

BAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA! OMG that is freaking awesome! Wait till I tell my hubs that tonight! lol!
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime10/9/2011, 12:18 pm

As my tank matures I'm now finding I need more detritus/algae eating critters to help the Ceriths and Peppermint Shrimp with house cleaning chores. Last night I purchased 4 itty bitty hermits that are scarcely bigger that the dwarf ceriths! LOL! Cute little buggers tho!
I got 3 red legs and 1 blue leg...was supposed to be 2 of each, but oh well. :)
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime10/10/2011, 8:52 am

That's pretty cool you still know what's in your reef. Hermits that think they can fit into cerith snail shells will find a way to try them on. Reminds me, I need to order another 100 ceriths.
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime10/10/2011, 12:37 pm

LOL! Can never have too many Ceriths!
Luckily my herms are looking to upsize into their version of a mansion. One of the red legs already has and he can hardly get around! lol!

Here's a pic of one of the Red Legs and the Blue leg...you can see the size difference between them and the zillion Ceriths that are all around them. My friend Sarah took the pic for me yesterday with her cell phone.
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime10/25/2011, 11:07 am

Over the weekend, I traded out the 2 Damselfish for 2 Blue/Green Chromis and also got 2 little Ocellaris Clowns. They're so darn CUTE! hehehe!
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime10/25/2011, 12:02 pm

awe congrats!
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime10/25/2011, 12:06 pm

Thanks Cindy....and you were so right about them! :)
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime12/12/2011, 2:08 pm

Found a surprise in my tank this morning! Bought a large frag yesterday with Yellow Star and Large Button polyps on it. This morning I saw a baby sea slug vacuuming the back glass of my tank! He had to have come in with my frag, since I didn't have him prior to that!
I just think that's cool! He's still relatively small, so I can't get a good enough look to see what species he is yet. Hoping as he grows and matures I will be able to tell exactly what species he is!
Back to top Go down
WildWiley
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
WildWiley

Favorite Fish: : clown I do love my nems and inverts

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime12/12/2011, 2:15 pm

Nice love sea slugs
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime12/13/2011, 10:10 pm

It will be interesting to see what it turns out to be.... It's definitely a nudibranch of some sort. Need pics of the guy so I can post it and see if anyone can identify the species.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SL-Meredith-Stock list   SL-Meredith-Stock list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SL-Meredith-Stock list
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next