UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Is this an Albino?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alton S
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Alton S

Favorite Fish: : Lake Malawi Haps and Peas

Is this an Albino? Empty
PostSubject: Is this an Albino?   Is this an Albino? Icon_minitime9/15/2011, 3:47 pm

This is one of my babies and the dark area in front of its tail has been there since birth. Its eyes are continueing to get less color as it grows. Just courious if anyone has seen this before.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f44/16/54/32/05/albino10.jpg

This guy is from my wild caught Aul Sp Chitande Type Masinje's, so if it is an albino would bevery rare I would think.
Back to top Go down
Alton S
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Alton S

Is this an Albino? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this an Albino?   Is this an Albino? Icon_minitime9/15/2011, 9:38 pm

I was told this is a lucistic fish, like an albino but have coloring in the eyes. Courious what everyone else thinks?
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

Is this an Albino? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this an Albino?   Is this an Albino? Icon_minitime9/15/2011, 11:09 pm

It's not albino...does not have pink eyes.
Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angelfish, Rummynose Tetras

Is this an Albino? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this an Albino?   Is this an Albino? Icon_minitime9/16/2011, 1:45 am

I would agree with leucism. Just did some reading up and learned something new!

With leucism, an animal can have partial areas of normal pigmentation as well, which explains the color on the tail, but because the eyes develop independently from the body they are always pigmented normally.

So basically if you see an "albino" that somehow doesn't look freakishly possessed looking because it doesn't have the crazy red eyes, it's leucism. affraid

Is this what Micheal Jackson had that caused his skin to have patches of white? I've seen this on some darker skinned people, and always thought it was from a burn accident. How about painted horses or black/white or brown/white cows? leucism? I'm thinking waaay too much for 1:45 am.
Back to top Go down
Alton S
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Alton S

Is this an Albino? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this an Albino?   Is this an Albino? Icon_minitime9/16/2011, 6:53 am

LOL Fishface30, Valid points and interesting. I have been looking that article over and going to read up more about all this. Seems there is allot of info to read and check up on in that article, kinda cool really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is this an Albino? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this an Albino?   Is this an Albino? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this an Albino?
Page 1 of 1