UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Sea bugs anyone?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

Favorite Fish: : As far as fresh water goes, it's Bettas!
For marine fish; Firefish, Cardinalfish, Gobies, Dragonets, and Sharks...

Sea bugs anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Sea bugs anyone?   Sea bugs anyone? Icon_minitime9/8/2011, 4:26 pm

Have any of you guys used sea bugs in your tank? Supposedly they're supposed to be awesome, and a box of them will feed a 200 gallon tank over 50 times. I was wondering if they might be a good supplement to add a little variety to my fish's diet? I guess you just add the cysts to a cup of aquarium water, let them sit for 30 minutes, then voila! Fresh hatched plankton!
My fish were all tank raised, and they seem to like frozen krill and such, so I thought maybe they would enjoy exercising their hunting skills with live food.... What do you think?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Sea bugs anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea bugs anyone?   Sea bugs anyone? Icon_minitime9/8/2011, 7:16 pm

Never herd of them to be honest. Most of my fish have weird blatters so I feed foods high in Vegi.
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

Sea bugs anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea bugs anyone?   Sea bugs anyone? Icon_minitime9/8/2011, 10:11 pm

Kory, I saw them in the FS catalog. I would be interested in trying them out (my Damsels would probably have a heyday chasing the little suckers around), but was hoping to get more in depth opinions/experiences before I put these other living critters in my tank.... LOL!!!
Dontcha just love us noobs?! hehehe
Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angelfish, Rummynose Tetras

Sea bugs anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea bugs anyone?   Sea bugs anyone? Icon_minitime9/8/2011, 11:01 pm

Aren't the seabugs just brine shrimp eggs? idk... sounds like a fun idea....
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

Sea bugs anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea bugs anyone?   Sea bugs anyone? Icon_minitime9/9/2011, 4:03 am

I use Reef Bugs and hatch my own brine, like with anything else don't over feed.
Reef Bugs contain twelve strains of live marine microbes just dissolve in aquarium water to hatch. they Replicate marine snow for corals, live rock, sponges, clams, and other invertebrates. fish such as Mandarins love it, also another benefit is any uneaten microbes colonize in the substrate or biofilter to help eliminate phosphorus, balance nitrogen levels, and clean your aquarium. my Reef comes alive when I use it and my PE is unreal.

Last edited by cwhip on 9/9/2011, 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

Sea bugs anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea bugs anyone?   Sea bugs anyone? Icon_minitime9/9/2011, 6:48 am

REEF bugs! That's what they're called!! LOL! I knew it didn't sound exactly right when I posted as sea bugs....

Cwhip, again, as always, thank you for your input! You are a goldmine of knowledge, and I'm so grateful that you share it with us.

Looks like it would be well worth trying in my tank then. :)
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

Sea bugs anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea bugs anyone?   Sea bugs anyone? Icon_minitime9/9/2011, 11:58 am

no problem, that's why these forums are here:)
Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angelfish, Rummynose Tetras

Sea bugs anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea bugs anyone?   Sea bugs anyone? Icon_minitime9/9/2011, 1:19 pm

well i learned something new!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sea bugs anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea bugs anyone?   Sea bugs anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sea bugs anyone?
Page 1 of 1