UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

cyprichromis utinta aggression

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

cyprichromis utinta aggression Empty
PostSubject: cyprichromis utinta aggression   cyprichromis utinta aggression Icon_minitime8/4/2011, 11:06 am

Was wondering what people have experinced from keeping this fish. One of the females seems a litte beat up so I moved here. What has been you set up ect? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: cyprichromis utinta aggression   cyprichromis utinta aggression Icon_minitime8/4/2011, 11:42 am

There was always one that the male didnt like for some reason. What is your set up for them? A large tank with lots of open swimming room is best.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: cyprichromis utinta aggression   cyprichromis utinta aggression Icon_minitime8/4/2011, 1:21 pm

55G Clown Loaches and them. 2 rocks. Maybe need to open it up more.
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: cyprichromis utinta aggression   cyprichromis utinta aggression Icon_minitime8/4/2011, 1:40 pm

I had them in a 75 gallon just them and the paracyps a few rocks and thats it. The paracyps like the rocks.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: cyprichromis utinta aggression   cyprichromis utinta aggression Icon_minitime8/4/2011, 2:00 pm

I don't have to worry about hybrids from the paras and the cyps?
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: cyprichromis utinta aggression   cyprichromis utinta aggression Icon_minitime8/4/2011, 2:42 pm

No. The females are different colored so you dont have to woory. I had spawns from both groups.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: cyprichromis utinta aggression   cyprichromis utinta aggression Icon_minitime8/4/2011, 2:45 pm

cyprichromis utinta aggression 772341
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: cyprichromis utinta aggression   cyprichromis utinta aggression Icon_minitime8/4/2011, 6:09 pm

mine really show no aggression at all. my male has 4 females holding currently and none of the girls have nipped fins at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cyprichromis utinta aggression   cyprichromis utinta aggression Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cyprichromis utinta aggression
Page 1 of 1