UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

zoo med vs hagen vs coralife t5 ho 2 bulb light fixture

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

Favorite Fish: : all of them along with mermaids and me I'm a Pisces.

zoo med vs hagen vs coralife t5 ho 2 bulb light fixture Empty
PostSubject: zoo med vs hagen vs coralife t5 ho 2 bulb light fixture   zoo med vs hagen vs coralife t5 ho 2 bulb light fixture Icon_minitime8/3/2011, 2:31 pm

I just got a hagen fluval osaka 155 (41g) fr $65.00 but still need lighting and a canister filter.(more or likely will use my eheim)..
I don't know what light fixture to get, and which brand would be best..

the zoomed is t5 h.o. 2 bulb and has one power cord but each bulb can be turned off and on. it's $79.99
the hagan glo is t5 ho 2 bulb but has no buttons to turn off it has to be unplugged or on a timer. it's $109.99
then the coralife is t5 ho 2bulb and is 119.99 to 189.99 depending on where i go...

they all look to have single reflectors, so both bulbs would reflect from one reflector...

I have used hagen glo light fixtures before with out a problem..

never used zoomed any one use them are they any good?

or should i try to not mix and match, and make it look like i got a coplete hagen kit, and get a hagen glo fixture, minus the filter and just use the eheim?
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: zoo med vs hagen vs coralife t5 ho 2 bulb light fixture   zoo med vs hagen vs coralife t5 ho 2 bulb light fixture Icon_minitime8/3/2011, 4:21 pm

I always favor whatever can be put on timers. The 2 bulb system with a plug for each bulb is what I suggest.
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

PostSubject: Re: zoo med vs hagen vs coralife t5 ho 2 bulb light fixture   zoo med vs hagen vs coralife t5 ho 2 bulb light fixture Icon_minitime8/4/2011, 9:09 am

popebosephus wrote:
I always favor whatever can be put on timers. The 2 bulb system with a plug for each bulb is what I suggest.

they can all be put on timers. the zoomed ony had one plug but had 2 on/off switch(for each bulb.)...

I do have retro kit, that i could make work. by hanging to wood, then the wood to the lamp post.
Back to top Go down
papasmurf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Swallowtail Peacock

PostSubject: Re: zoo med vs hagen vs coralife t5 ho 2 bulb light fixture   zoo med vs hagen vs coralife t5 ho 2 bulb light fixture Icon_minitime8/4/2011, 10:39 am

I have an "oddysea" 216W 4 bulb t5ho setup from aquatraders...there is alot of old bad press about these having poor construction and catching fire (it was actually the metal halides) but I have been really pleased with it so far and it was only about $115 including 4 bulbs. They have made alot of improvements on them and the ballasts are more efficient than the old ones. They have separate buttons for each pair of bulbs as well as a timer. The bulbs they ship with are not the greatest but suffice. I have used the coralife bulbs (suck) and the zoo med bulbs (good) and plan on swapping all the bulbs eventually to the zoo med bulbs.
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

PostSubject: Re: zoo med vs hagen vs coralife t5 ho 2 bulb light fixture   zoo med vs hagen vs coralife t5 ho 2 bulb light fixture Icon_minitime8/4/2011, 3:32 pm

cool, thanks... I used the oddysea in the past and hated them good to know they have inproved... I use the coralife bulbs and like them.. but it was the 6,700k and the color max... i never used there 10,000k or antic... hagen i really like there life glo 6,700k . I have yet to try the zoomed bulbs...

i like the gisean(spelling?) mid day 6,000k very very nice bulb but cost a pretty penny.

i might just save up some more money so i have all hagen stuff.
the stand is hagen, the tank is hagen, and the filter is hagen... guess the light needs to be hagen too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: zoo med vs hagen vs coralife t5 ho 2 bulb light fixture   zoo med vs hagen vs coralife t5 ho 2 bulb light fixture Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

zoo med vs hagen vs coralife t5 ho 2 bulb light fixture
Page 1 of 1