UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

need to know if I messed up

Go down 
+4
ornate12
MarkM
Terry
elfwolfe
8 posters
AuthorMessage
elfwolfe
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
elfwolfe

Favorite Fish: : graduating from community fish to aggressive fish (cichlids), but will always have a soft spot for my krbs and betta's.

need to know if I messed up Empty
PostSubject: need to know if I messed up   need to know if I messed up Icon_minitime7/27/2011, 6:34 pm

I have one of those metal planters, and it used to be my dogs watering dish till it sprung a leak about 6 months ago, I just found my JB Weld and fixed the hole, could I use it as a a temperary pond for some plants and a small fish? It holds about 10 gallons of water, and I currently have a rock in there which is growing some algea on it. Did I mess up by using the JB Weld?
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: need to know if I messed up   need to know if I messed up Icon_minitime7/27/2011, 8:46 pm

I used to have a filter that was jb welded on the outside. Never had any problems.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: need to know if I messed up   need to know if I messed up Icon_minitime7/27/2011, 10:10 pm

The jb weld may be non toxic once cured. Try some minnows and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: need to know if I messed up   need to know if I messed up Icon_minitime7/27/2011, 10:20 pm

need to know if I messed up 858205
Back to top Go down
elfwolfe
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
elfwolfe

Favorite Fish: : graduating from community fish to aggressive fish (cichlids), but will always have a soft spot for my krbs and betta's.

PostSubject: Re: need to know if I messed up   need to know if I messed up Icon_minitime7/27/2011, 11:04 pm

Thank you, I will try some minnows (I need to pick up more anyway for the crawdads). The JB Weld said it cures in 6 hrs, and I let it cure for more like 3 days, I just got worried because there seemed to be a film on the water.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: need to know if I messed up   need to know if I messed up Icon_minitime7/28/2011, 4:30 am

I use JB water weld "potable version"to glue corals to my rock work never had any problems with it.
Back to top Go down
montemike72
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : oscars, green terrors

PostSubject: jb weld   need to know if I messed up Icon_minitime7/28/2011, 8:42 am

jb weld is non toxic, once it cures,
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: need to know if I messed up   need to know if I messed up Icon_minitime7/28/2011, 8:49 am

youre missing my point I use it in the tanks to glue corals down"it cures in the tank"
with 0 ill effects to the fish,corals,inverts etc...
Back to top Go down
montemike72
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: need to know if I messed up   need to know if I messed up Icon_minitime7/28/2011, 8:51 am

ok, i got a big problem, its been ages since i had a tank up and running, so i got my 55 gal running, and got a guys unwanted oscars off of craigslist, they are about a foot long each, and there are 3 of them, they came with a jack dempsey, thats about a few inches less than them, well, i kinda sorta overfed them, and now the water is all cloudy, i am dumping 5 to 10 gallons of water daily, and the ph level, is about 6.0, so i dont think the water is toxic, yet, ive used some water clearing chemicals , but they have not worked, my latest idea, was to put, 100 or so small goldfish in the tank, and since goldfish, are basically sh*t fish, i figured that b4 they got eaten, they would consume some of the crud, and they have, i really do not wanna do a full tank dump, in that case id have to use that slime coat stuff, to cure the water, does that stuff really work, in high doses ?, does anyone know of any other options ?
Back to top Go down
montemike72
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: need to know if I messed up   need to know if I messed up Icon_minitime7/28/2011, 8:53 am

hey do not slam mopeds, you know the old joke, ......what do mopeds and large chicks have in common, everyone wants to ride one, but no one wants to be seen riding one
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: need to know if I messed up   need to know if I messed up Icon_minitime7/28/2011, 9:17 am

dude don't waste 100 goldfish to test your tank water, use a flowerhorn instead!
JB
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: need to know if I messed up   need to know if I messed up Icon_minitime7/28/2011, 10:06 am

he already has way too many large of fish in this 55G so why put any more in at all???? put the oscars back on CL and rehome them to someone that has a bigger tank, then go buy a test kit and buy a few size appropriate fish for your 55G.. need to know if I messed up 455499
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

PostSubject: Re: need to know if I messed up   need to know if I messed up Icon_minitime7/30/2011, 4:22 pm

montemike72 wrote:
ok, i got a big problem, its been ages since i had a tank up and running, so i got my 55 gal running, and got a guys unwanted oscars off of craigslist, they are about a foot long each, and there are 3 of them, they came with a jack dempsey, thats about a few inches less than them, well, i kinda sorta overfed them, and now the water is all cloudy, i am dumping 5 to 10 gallons of water daily, and the ph level, is about 6.0, so i dont think the water is toxic, yet, ive used some water clearing chemicals , but they have not worked, my latest idea, was to put, 100 or so small goldfish in the tank, and since goldfish, are basically sh*t fish, i figured that b4 they got eaten, they would consume some of the crud, and they have, i really do not wanna do a full tank dump, in that case id have to use that slime coat stuff, to cure the water, does that stuff really work, in high doses ?, does anyone know of any other options ?

cloudy water is prolly a bacteria bloom. leave it alone and with patience itll clear up on its own. sometimes trying to fix stuff will screw things up even more. apathy or rather patience can be more vital to a tank's micro-ecology than over-zealous diligence and human meddling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need to know if I messed up   need to know if I messed up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need to know if I messed up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: General Freshwater Fish Discussion-
Jump to: