UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank

Go down 
+12
D'Claro
TheGodParticle
Flippercon
BFinley
KMX
Meredith
Holey Rock of Texas
CSnyder00
proyect01
Ben
strikingthematch
dnphillips08
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

Favorite Fish: : Discus

Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank   Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank - Page 3 Icon_minitime7/3/2011, 2:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank - Page 3 75GFTS
"___" *Waiting for a Name to strike me*
Filtration:
-Marineland C360 w/ PURA Amazon instead of Carbon
Lighting:
-Aqueon 48" Dual T5 Fixture w/ 1x 28W 6700K and 1x Colormax
-Aqueon 48" 32W 8000K
Substrate:
-Pool Filter Sand w/ Flourish Root Tabs
Fauna:
-6 Discus
-4 Clown Loach
-13 Neon Tetra
-1 BN Pleco
Flora:
Amazon Sword
Anacharis
Pennywort
Pygmy Chain Sword
Riccia Fluitans
Aponogeton
Java Fern
Wisteria
Anubias

*I rescaped the tank earlier this week and that's why it looks a little wild at the moment. The driftwood decided to be very difficult and took plants up with it when it lifted. So the scape will be finished once it sinks.*

Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank - Page 3 DiscusLighting
Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank - Page 3 Scribbled1
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank   Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/9/2011, 2:09 pm

Yeah I started with simple low light plants and have worked my way up. I hopefully will be injecting CO2 at some point.
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

Favorite Fish: : Discus

PostSubject: Re: Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank   Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/13/2011, 3:52 pm

I got home yesterday and found my tank in disarray. That blasted log is floating again, most of my plants are gone (I'm assuming they were eaten), my fish appear stressed and unhappy, I've had a massive diatom bloom, and my smallest discus is gone (also my first discus). So let this be a lesson, don't always trust people when they say they'll watch your tanks when you are away for 18 days. (Not only did I experience these problems in my discus tank, I also lost all of my non aquatic tanks!) I am not sure how much was lost money wise but I can promise you this was both a significant hit financially and emotionally. I take a lot of pride in my tanks and the animals that live in them. Now I am trying to figure out how to recover from all of these losses while working a lot and without spending a fortune. The non-aquatic tanks are going to be tore down and the 2 20G Longs will become my quarantine/breeding tanks (once I can safely afford all the equipment). As for the 75G, well I suppose its getting close to overhaul time. My planned rescape is now a much bigger project than i had originally planned but I must have a nice home for my discus. So I am going to start planning the rebuild and I would love any advice or ideas anyone has to offer, in the mean time it's cleaning and water change time once I get my discus coaxed out of their anger. So Once again, be VERY careful with who you trust to watch your tanks! wolverine
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank   Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/13/2011, 4:03 pm

Best of luck! I know it would be very hard for me to leave my fish alone for too long. It just is so much upkeep on some tanks that I don't see anyone else putting up with it.

Did the smallest discus die or is he just missing? If missing I would find what is left of him fast.

I would also not do too many huge water changes right away on that tank. I would do a 20/30 gallon change. Then let it sit for a day. Do another 30/40. let set for a day. It is of course not good to have bad water quality but at the same time if you go from bad to really good too fast it can also stress the fish.

Once you get those dead plants cleaned out and the water changes back under control the algae bloom should take care of itself.

Best advice is don't do anything too drastic. The fish are stressed as is and need to readjust.

Again good luck!
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank   Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/13/2011, 4:06 pm

Yea that bastard jd watching your tanks what a loser , I am sad to hear you lost one of your discus because I could have sworn I counted 7 hmmmm idk guess i am a noob. Also I was right i have 2 sprouts of the marbled queen sword you can have if u want they seem to be doing ok.
Back to top Go down
Meredith
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Meredith

Favorite Fish: : As far as fresh water goes, it's Bettas!
For marine fish; Firefish, Cardinalfish, Gobies, Dragonets, and Sharks...

PostSubject: Re: Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank   Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/13/2011, 4:43 pm

Oh, man! That absolutely SUCKS!!! I am so sorry! :(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank   Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dan's 75G Planted Discus Tank
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3