UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Not too bright

Go down 
+3
lifeisgood
natikah
strawman1985
7 posters
AuthorMessage
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime6/22/2011, 12:13 pm

I guess Im kinda dumb.. Well in my 55 I have 6-7 tiger barbs.. 5 black skirts a krib and a redtail shark. I bought 6 Australian Rainbows.. They are the biggest fish in the tank and the tiger barbs are tormenting them.. Im slightly shocked but I guess i shouldnt be. Will prolly be moving the barbs to my 29 gallon tank unless I can figure out how to create peac
Back to top Go down
natikah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
natikah

Favorite Fish: : fish, fish, fish

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime6/22/2011, 4:36 pm

chalk it up to learning experience. have you tried to move the decor around?
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime6/22/2011, 4:56 pm

I havent, that was one thought I had, I was going to go pick up some more of my decor tonight and some plants and see what can be done.. Id love to have them all together cus its a fun bunch of fish. Action all over the place.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime6/22/2011, 7:43 pm

Barbs are a very aggressive fish and will generally pick on most other fishes . Try rearranging your tank , If that doesn't work , move the barbs.
Just my 2 cents ,, Ray
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime6/22/2011, 8:55 pm

Not too bright 858205
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime6/23/2011, 1:49 am

thasts the plan for tomorrow early afternoon
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime6/23/2011, 3:34 pm

Well moved some stuff and added some wood...wow its exciting to watch.. everyone is chasing each other and the Shark has gotten less skittish.. I will have to get some pics :)
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime6/23/2011, 4:00 pm

Awesome active tanks are my favorite.
Back to top Go down
natikah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
natikah

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime6/23/2011, 4:09 pm

Mine too! Would love to see some pics!
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime6/23/2011, 5:13 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f27/15/57/83/98/aquari12.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f27/15/57/83/98/aquari13.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f27/15/57/83/98/aquari14.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f27/15/57/83/98/aquari15.jpg

There are a few pics :)
Back to top Go down
natikah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
natikah

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime6/23/2011, 7:16 pm

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
Jeepluv77
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Jeepluv77

Favorite Fish: : Species I've kept: Freshwater- Dwarf puffers and clown loaches. Saltwater- Volitans and Snowflake Moray

Species I'd love to keep one day- Freshwater- Rays. Saltwater- Bamboo/Cat Sharks

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime6/23/2011, 8:00 pm

Good looking tank! Looks like you've already got some live plants in there. I'd add some more to give the rainbows more hiding places. Don't worry, they'll still come out for you. I've noticed that tiger barbs don't seem to be so much aggressive as they're super hyper. They get destructive when they get bored. They can be fantastic community tank fish, though. The rainbows are generally slower more graceful swimmers than the barbs and aren't generally accustomed to that frantic pace. Danios are good for distracting tiger barbs. They are perpetual motion machines. Look at maybe some pearl danios if you like that soft iridescent sheen like the rainbows have. Most that you find in stores will be a grayish color because they tend to be packed into tanks and are usually not there long enough to settle in before being sold, not to mention they're generally very young and not mature yet. They turn a beautiful lavender pearl color when they get settled in and get some size on them.
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime6/23/2011, 9:18 pm

thanks for the advice jeepluv :) I appreciate that.. Ive got tons of plans floating around so I can def do that...
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime6/23/2011, 9:26 pm

Not too bright Aquari12

Not too bright Aquari13

Not too bright Aquari14

Not too bright Aquari15

Just putting them up on the site to eliminate clicking links LOL.

Your tank looks nice.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Don't know I have one..new

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime6/23/2011, 10:29 pm

It is very pretty.
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime6/23/2011, 10:37 pm

thanks Ben.. lol... thanks Diana
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime6/24/2011, 9:11 pm

idk personal preference, but i dont think ive liked tiger barbs, a ravenous murderous bunch best suited for agressive tanks, not semi aggr.
Back to top Go down
Jeepluv77
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Jeepluv77

Favorite Fish: : Species I've kept: Freshwater- Dwarf puffers and clown loaches. Saltwater- Volitans and Snowflake Moray

Species I'd love to keep one day- Freshwater- Rays. Saltwater- Bamboo/Cat Sharks

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime6/25/2011, 12:26 am

Keep us posted on how it goes and keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime6/25/2011, 11:16 am

Tigers have always intrigued me.. I really like the blend I have in there. Thanks Jeep, will do :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Not too bright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not too bright   Not too bright Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not too bright
Page 1 of 1