UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Cherry Shrimp Questions????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Cherry Shrimp Questions???? Empty
PostSubject: Cherry Shrimp Questions????   Cherry Shrimp Questions???? Icon_minitime6/8/2011, 1:40 pm

is there a problem with leaving the lights on the shrimp tank 24/7?? trying to get a good growth on my plants in same tank! any comments appreciated!

Last edited by CajunGator on 6/9/2011, 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Shrimp Questions????   Cherry Shrimp Questions???? Icon_minitime6/8/2011, 2:10 pm

24/7 probably will not hurt your shrimp, but your plants might suffer from algae growth. I would provide places where shrimp can hide...rock caves coconut shell ect.
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Shrimp Questions????   Cherry Shrimp Questions???? Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 9:07 am

Shouldn't bother them at all. I sometimes leave the lights on 24x7 for a couple days. Those are the tanks that I don't have timers on yet and just forget to turn them off. Shrimpies do just fine with.

Now, depending on the intensity of the light, the plants might actually not like it too well though. ;o)
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Shrimp Questions????   Cherry Shrimp Questions???? Icon_minitime6/9/2011, 11:47 am

some how i got some pond snails in my shrimp tank! (dang new plants, lol). instead of taking the small snails out, i have been crushing them and letting them sink to bottom... hoping that is good food for the shrimp.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Shrimp Questions????   Cherry Shrimp Questions???? Icon_minitime6/14/2011, 3:37 pm

After the tiny shrimp babies are loose in the tank, mostly on the glass... what do they eat? algae on glass, food on bottom,????
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Shrimp Questions????   Cherry Shrimp Questions???? Icon_minitime6/16/2011, 3:41 pm

They'll eat what ever they can find. They are minature versions of the adults and will eat as such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Shrimp Questions????   Cherry Shrimp Questions???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cherry Shrimp Questions????
Page 1 of 1