UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Tank mates

Go down 
+2
Kasshan
strawman1985
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

Tank mates - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Tank mates   Tank mates - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/31/2011, 2:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is what I am planning on having in my 55 gallon. What would be other suitable mates? I will have 10-12 Tiger barbs and a Krib for certain. I have 6 Black Skirts that may go there or they will remain in my 29 gallon. Ive not yet decided. I obviously need some catfish, the krib was violent to my Skunk Cory so I had to remove him. There will be live plants also. Thanks everyone
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5

PostSubject: Re: Tank mates   Tank mates - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/8/2011, 2:21 pm

my kribs breed fine, its just to get them to stop having domestic violence. tried the mirror thing and just about everything else. only thing that works for the kribs to stop their marital strife is actually killing another krib, but a betta works also. it just solidifies their "marriage". it happens to be the best results ive ever recieved

Last edited by Kasshan on 6/8/2011, 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

PostSubject: Re: Tank mates   Tank mates - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/8/2011, 2:28 pm

I have a betta in a 5 gallon environment, and I had the redtail sized at adult around 6 inch so I should be good.. had the tigers sized at 2-3 inches at adult hood..
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

PostSubject: Re: Tank mates   Tank mates - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/8/2011, 3:04 pm

Elrollo wrote:
Try putting a small mirror in the tank instead of beating up a betta...man that is just horrible...what to do you need to get kribs ready to breed try dropping the temp and slightly lower the pH..this is the natural cycle to start the raining season on the congo and signals the fish the breed....

hows that horrible? about as horrible as feeding goldfish to a predator tank? or breeders culling reject fry? at least i gave its life purpose. something to be said about the meaning of life, one important aspect is the moment just before death. ^,..,^ dying a lonely life in a 500ml jar as an ugly betta no one will ever buy or a blaze of glory battling a mating pair of kribs where death is inevitable but honorable, lol but i digress...
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

PostSubject: Re: Tank mates   Tank mates - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/10/2011, 4:25 pm

I think i know the answer, but with what Ive mentioned could pearl blue or gold gouramis work with this group?
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

PostSubject: Re: Tank mates   Tank mates - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/11/2011, 5:53 pm

i went to my moms to get my fish for the move, was sad to see 2 barbs had died and the one that was left wasnt too swell either.. my ph had dropped some and I thikn that hurt them, but now in my 55 I have my shark, krib, 5 black skirts and one little lonely tiger barb.. if he survives he will have some new friends soon though :)
Back to top Go down
Pictus catfish guy
Private First Class
Private First Class
Pictus catfish guy

Favorite Fish: : tigerbarbs

PostSubject: Re: Tank mates   Tank mates - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/30/2011, 1:47 pm

you should get a pictus catfish. they swim around the aquarium really fast. mine is lonely just like your tigerbarb but thats ok because hes still happy with my two tigerbarbs and my plecostomus. the pleco isnt a very active type of fish but i got the pictus and the tigerbarbs to balance the movement out. i started with the pleco, then the pictus, and i got the tigerbarbs a few days ago. make sure that if you do get a pictus the size of its mouth is smaller than the tigerbarb so that the tigerbarb wont fit in its mouth because it will eat anything it fits in its mouth. heres a link to my youtube video so you can see the fish im talking about. its the very active silver catfish thats in the corner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-d70sYCCgA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

PostSubject: Re: Tank mates   Tank mates - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/30/2011, 3:29 pm

Ive had pictus before..they are all over the place lol... I actually have 6 tiger barbs now...

6 tiger barbs
5 black skirts
6 rainbows
1 redtail shark
1 krib
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tank mates   Tank mates - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tank mates
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2