UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Any input on my tank's new setup?

Go down 
+8
cwhip
Ben
steves_kiki
strikingthematch
MarkM
BobV
ornate12
snoskiur
12 posters
AuthorMessage
snoskiur
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids; mostly peacocks and haps

Any input on my tank's new setup? Empty
PostSubject: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/13/2011, 10:24 pm

Hey VA peeps! I just redid my 180 African tank with new rockscape. Feel free to throw out your ideas, suggestions, or critiques... I may have some fish mixed that I shouldn't... if so, let me know!

Too many pics, but I just copied the album.

See ya'll at the meet on the 22nd!

Todd

Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00504
Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00501
Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00499
Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00496
Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00495
Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00494
Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00493
Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00492
Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00491
Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00488
Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00487
Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00486
Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00485
Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00483
Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00482
Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00481
Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00480
Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00478
Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00477
Any input on my tank's new setup? DSC00475
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/13/2011, 10:55 pm

yes Very Nice!!!Don't change anything!! Looks Great!!
Back to top Go down
BobV
Sergeant
Sergeant
BobV

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/13/2011, 10:58 pm

looks great. Only thing I see, is the "african" clown loaches...rofl......I know loaches aren't africans, but some how they do get along well in african tanks. I have some in my 90 gal because they are too big to go anywhere else. They get along well with africans.
Back to top Go down
snoskiur
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/13/2011, 11:12 pm

Yeah... I'm probably wrong on a couple of my mixes, but I've never really had any problem with Clown Loaches... so far, at least!

Thanks for the compliment!
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/13/2011, 11:59 pm

Awesome tank!
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/14/2011, 12:01 am

Great looking. It looks really good with the blue light on. As for mixing fish just have to watch as they grow. Sometimes the aggression level changes drastically as they reach breeding age if there are any females present. Just have to pay attention most of the time the fish are pretty harmless unless they are the super high aggressive Cichlids. I have a mix of fish in a tank that "should" be fighting more often but with the large amount of hiding spaces they get along just fine. I even have fry in the tank that are not picked on because they can hide.
Back to top Go down
snoskiur
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/14/2011, 12:15 am

Actually, the lights are not blue at all... the pics just make it look that way. I'm sorta looking for advice on the best way to get nice lighting for low cost, since I have cheap lighting now...

Thanks for the compliment!
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/14/2011, 2:55 am

I like the "old school" type cichlid tank! I see a lot of them with plants and it just seems odd. I've always liked the rock stacking for cichlids!
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/14/2011, 7:00 am

Everything looks good in there. I do have to ask about the one fish I saw in the pics that looks like a jack dempsy. Is it in fact a dempsy?
Back to top Go down
snoskiur
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/14/2011, 9:19 am

Sorry again for so many pictures... but, thanks for the positive comments! Some critiques are welcome, as well, though!
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/14/2011, 9:22 am

if I were a freshie thats what I would want it to look like:) A++
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/14/2011, 9:27 am

My only critique sorrounds around the one fish I see that looks like a dempsy which is a SA cichlid and most of the times not mixed with africans especially because the ph needs are different. Either way it looks like it is doing fine for now. Just keep an eye on the temperment of some of the fish in their as they get bigger as they may want to challenge for dominance.
Back to top Go down
snoskiur
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/14/2011, 9:31 am

Thanks! I considered that, too. I had him when he was smaller and before I learned what little bit more I know about matching cichlids, now. So far, he's done ok: he hasn't ever shown any aggression, but I'll sure watch him!
Back to top Go down
BubbaG
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Kigoma, Blue Dolphin, Alto Compressiceps, Yellow & Orange

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/14/2011, 10:12 am

Nice looking set up, great rock work, lots of places for them to hide in. Do you only have 1 font in the tank? have you noticed any aggression yet?
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/14/2011, 10:30 am

Great looking tank!As long as the all the fish get along I wouldn't take anyfish out.I have a 10" JD with all my Africans and they get along just fine.My JD has great color and so does my Africans.Just keep an eye on them and watch for aggression.Great job on the tank! Any input on my tank's new setup? 772341 usafishbox
Back to top Go down
mice&fish1
Private
Private
mice&fish1

Favorite Fish: : 2 parrot fish,7convict cichlids, 1 eclipse catfish,2 plecos, a lot of goldfish, 1 jewel cichlid, 6 male Betta, a snapping turtle

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/14/2011, 10:53 am

what is the fish called in picture 5 the big one with stripes
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/14/2011, 11:34 am

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1500

Cyphotilapia frontosa

Back to top Go down
snoskiur
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/14/2011, 1:49 pm

I'm pretty sure it's a Cyphotilapia Frontosa Burundi...
Back to top Go down
Cichlid Lover
USA Fishbox Sponsor
Cichlid Lover

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/14/2011, 3:00 pm

Great looking setup Todd. Nice fish selection also.

Back to top Go down
snoskiur
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime5/14/2011, 3:07 pm

Thanks Mark! I'm still working and learning on the best fish selections... I'm hoping to end up with as many "rare" or, at least, "hard to find" fish as I can. I'm really looking for very colorful fish, too... A fair amount of mine are very young, but should develop color pretty soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any input on my tank's new setup?   Any input on my tank's new setup? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any input on my tank's new setup?
Page 1 of 1