UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Featherfin Catfish with Lake Tanganyika Cichlids???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyAqua
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : It was REd Jewels until mine paired (NO FRY) and refused to let me have any other. Newbie for Real.

Featherfin Catfish with Lake Tanganyika Cichlids??? Empty
PostSubject: Featherfin Catfish with Lake Tanganyika Cichlids???   Featherfin Catfish with Lake Tanganyika Cichlids??? Icon_minitime5/11/2011, 10:51 am

Hello Fish Lovers, I am still very newly returning to this hobby. Recently (less than a month) I homed 4 frontosa's, 4 blue dolphins, 2 black calvus and 2 cynotilapias. They are all babies and everyone is doing fine in a 40+ (don't know exactly) tank. Well I am in looking for a 125 Gallon because I am so in love with the Frontosa's that I want a few more for a "primarily" Frontosa tank. But I was wondering can you suggest a african that will remain fairly small but not so small that the Front's will eventually eat them and..... I have fallen in love with the featherfin catfish. Here's the question can I put a Featherfin Catfish (about 2.5 inches) in with my juvenile cichlids (1 inch or smaller) NOW or should I wait and just add him to the 125 Gallon tank?
Back to top Go down
BubbaG
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Kigoma, Blue Dolphin, Alto Compressiceps, Yellow & Orange

Featherfin Catfish with Lake Tanganyika Cichlids??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Featherfin Catfish with Lake Tanganyika Cichlids???   Featherfin Catfish with Lake Tanganyika Cichlids??? Icon_minitime5/11/2011, 5:28 pm

IMO it shouldn't be a problem, what are the size of your fonts and what variant? How long before you transfer them to the 125? My alpha Kigoma is almost 4" maybe a little bit bigger, I have 8, the other fonts are between 2 1/2" - 3", dolphins(3) are about 3" and my orange-4/yellow-3 alto comps range between 1"-1 1/2". They are all housed in a 125 get along fine, the only aggression is from the fonts occasionally. My yellow altos school with my kigoma.
Back to top Go down

Featherfin Catfish with Lake Tanganyika Cichlids???
Page 1 of 1