UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Geophagus puzzle!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Geostar
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Geophagus species and angelfish currently. However, I also enjoy those wild mouthbrooding bettas when I can!

Geophagus puzzle! Empty
PostSubject: Geophagus puzzle!   Geophagus puzzle! Icon_minitime5/4/2011, 9:26 am

It was about 2 years ago when I began my fascination with the Geophagus species.
I now have one lone G. dicrozoster which I have named "Moose"..a wild fish which is about 10 inches long. He lives in a 37 with some tetras..and will not tolerate any fish resembling his markings.

In two other aquariums which a larger, I have several wild Geophagus species and the fish have grown nicely. I have a grouping of G. abalios, but, am curious as to what the other tank raised and wild fish are. The dorsal and tail fins might suggest altifrons or surinmensis, but, then, I don't know. Or, quite possibly, the fish could be something new..or just another variety of that genus.

Question is: do any of you have such fish or have had them in the past? True; a photo would be nice, but, these guys just don't 'stand' still when the camera is on them..and besides, a description of the dorsal and tail fin markings should also help. None of the fish have the 'comma' by the jaw as the G. dicrozoster has.

Just curious..and, thank you in advance.

Geostar
Back to top Go down

Geophagus puzzle!
Page 1 of 1