UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

My new cichlids... What are they?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

My new cichlids... What are they? Empty
PostSubject: My new cichlids... What are they?   My new cichlids... What are they? Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 4:36 am

I brought home some new cichlids from work yesterday and I think I figured out what 2 of them are, but I'm puzzled on the third... the orange one is I think a Red Zebra (Metriaclima estherae), the striped one (not white) is I think a Julidochromis ornatus (Kasakalawe), but the albino looking one has me puzzled? What is it? Any ideas?

My new cichlids... What are they? 6jlwqw

My new cichlids... What are they? Md3901

My new cichlids... What are they? 33lfpk3

My new cichlids... What are they? 15x7h39

My new cichlid tank setup... still need to do more aquascaping!
My new cichlids... What are they? 2mngfax
Back to top Go down
bimmertech
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
bimmertech

Favorite Fish: : PEACOCKS OF ALL COLORS!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: My new cichlids... What are they?   My new cichlids... What are they? Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 5:59 am

USUALLY ALBINO RED ZEBRA. MINE WAS.
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

PostSubject: Re: My new cichlids... What are they?   My new cichlids... What are they? Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 6:02 am

Thanks! Do the others look like what I thought they were?
Back to top Go down
bimmertech
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
bimmertech

Favorite Fish: : PEACOCKS OF ALL COLORS!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: My new cichlids... What are they?   My new cichlids... What are they? Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 6:03 am

FOR SOME REASON MY WORK COMPUTER WONT BRING UP PICS SOMETIMES BUT AS U DESCRIBE THEM IT DOES SEEM LIKE THEM. My new cichlids... What are they? 393849
Back to top Go down
nick a
Sergeant
Sergeant
nick a

PostSubject: Re: My new cichlids... What are they?   My new cichlids... What are they? Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 7:16 am

Looks like thats not a Julie (Tang)--almost 99.9% sure that it is a melanochromis auratus (or some other Malawi melanochromis).

Those three fish types are part of what you see in every "Mixed Mbuna" tank in every LFS across the country so odds are in favor that's what you've got.

HTHs
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: My new cichlids... What are they?   My new cichlids... What are they? Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 7:25 am

nick a wrote:
Looks like thats not a Julie (Tang)--almost 99.9% sure that it is a melanochromis auratus (or some other Malawi melanochromis).

Those three fish types are part of what you see in every "Mixed Mbuna" tank in every LFS across the country so odds are in favor that's what you've got.

HTHs

Yup, that looks more like it and more like the older ones at the store. Thanks! It's definitely a Melanochromis auratus not the other... I thought the body shape didn't look quite right!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new cichlids... What are they?   My new cichlids... What are they? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new cichlids... What are they?
Page 1 of 1