UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

When to find new homes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
red_dragon_girl_69
Sergeant
Sergeant
red_dragon_girl_69

Favorite Fish: : Oscars, bettas, red tail sharks, dragonfish, cichlids.

When to find new homes Empty
PostSubject: When to find new homes   When to find new homes Icon_minitime4/22/2011, 12:07 pm

So, the babies we have in a separate tank are about 2 months old, I would guess. They are still pretty small tho. How big should they be before I start finding homes for them?

I have a few that are pretty big (compared to the rest), but I wonder if they are still too small. I think the biggest is about a half inch to 3/4 inch. (Im not real good at estimating size, tho. So I could be off)
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: When to find new homes   When to find new homes Icon_minitime4/22/2011, 5:51 pm

1/2 to 1 inch is best
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: When to find new homes   When to find new homes Icon_minitime4/23/2011, 12:01 pm

guess I don't know what kind of babies you are talking about. makes a difference.
Back to top Go down
sUMcRAZYfISH
Private First Class
Private First Class
sUMcRAZYfISH

Favorite Fish: : AFRICAN CICHLIDS

PostSubject: Re: When to find new homes   When to find new homes Icon_minitime4/23/2011, 12:49 pm

I agree somewhere around 1/2 inch to 1 inch as long as the body looks developed enough so they can live on their own in a tank with other fish and not turn into food!!
Back to top Go down
red_dragon_girl_69
Sergeant
Sergeant
red_dragon_girl_69

Favorite Fish: : Oscars, bettas, red tail sharks, dragonfish, cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: When to find new homes   When to find new homes Icon_minitime4/24/2011, 9:32 am

Sorry, they are platies.

So, maybe I should wait a few more weeks? Im afraid they can still be eaten by other fish. I might just be paranoid, tho, lol.
Back to top Go down
fishcool619
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: When to find new homes   When to find new homes Icon_minitime5/23/2011, 1:59 am

as long as the cant fit into another fish mouth they will be okay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When to find new homes   When to find new homes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When to find new homes
Page 1 of 1