UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Yet another newbie.

Go down 
+7
Bruggen
BobV
MarkM
SchutzhundJunkie
ornate12
proyect01
JacquiGemini
11 posters
AuthorMessage
JacquiGemini
Private
Private
JacquiGemini

Favorite Fish: : Bettas, South American Chiclids, Livebearers, Triggers, Green Wolf Eel

Yet another newbie. Empty
PostSubject: Yet another newbie.   Yet another newbie. Icon_minitime4/19/2011, 9:07 pm

Hey everyone. Kind of a novice at fish keeping. I've worked at a local Fish/Supply store in Kansas City, MO for over a year now, which has "spawned" my interest in fish (get it? ...okay, not funny). I love learning more and teaching customers things they might not have known. at work i care for both freshwater and marine fish, which is an awsome opportunity to learn. we have 29 30-gallon tanks (3 for goldfish, 6 for salt, and 20 for fresh, devided into 3 sumps) along with a 150-gallon turtle tank, and two 100-gallon tanks (one for feeder goldfish and one for koi), each with a sump that holds around 30-50 gallons depending on the system. I started my first 6-gallon Fluval Edge 6 months ago and have been anticipating upgrading ever since i fully stocked my tank, I've even started playing with live plants. Well, thats a pretty long intro. Glad to be here, I'll post a picture of my modest little tank before too long.
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie.   Yet another newbie. Icon_minitime4/19/2011, 9:11 pm

Welcome
Pirates
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie.   Yet another newbie. Icon_minitime4/19/2011, 9:18 pm

Hello and Welcome to the USAfishbox! Lots of friendly people here!

welcome welcome2 hi
Back to top Go down
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie.   Yet another newbie. Icon_minitime4/19/2011, 9:35 pm

Hola & Welcome fish bowl

Julie
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie.   Yet another newbie. Icon_minitime4/19/2011, 10:19 pm

welcome2
Back to top Go down
BobV
Sergeant
Sergeant
BobV

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie.   Yet another newbie. Icon_minitime4/19/2011, 11:20 pm

wlecome to the forum
Back to top Go down
Bruggen
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
Bruggen

Favorite Fish: : Lepidiolamprologus Kendallis
Aulonocara Peacocks

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie.   Yet another newbie. Icon_minitime4/20/2011, 7:57 am

Welcome!

hi
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie.   Yet another newbie. Icon_minitime4/20/2011, 8:35 am

welcome2
Back to top Go down
brokeashell
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
brokeashell

Favorite Fish: : Peacock Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie.   Yet another newbie. Icon_minitime4/20/2011, 8:46 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie.   Yet another newbie. Icon_minitime4/20/2011, 9:06 am

I actually thought that was pretty finny LOL (spawn)

Welcome!

We are getting a bunch of members from the MO area latley!

usafishbox welcome2
Back to top Go down
hello2196
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
hello2196

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie.   Yet another newbie. Icon_minitime4/20/2011, 9:14 am

I too thought it was rather funny, anyone who didn't find that funny should be............
well i don't know but anyways welcome to the box!
Back to top Go down
JacquiGemini
Private
Private
JacquiGemini

Favorite Fish: : Bettas, South American Chiclids, Livebearers, Triggers, Green Wolf Eel

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie.   Yet another newbie. Icon_minitime4/20/2011, 9:31 am

anyone who didn't like it can get out of the box, haha. no, no, you all seem like really nice people. I cant wait to add my pic to the TOTM.
Back to top Go down
hello2196
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
hello2196

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie.   Yet another newbie. Icon_minitime4/20/2011, 10:09 am

so you said that you work at a fish store, so you've probably cared for just about everything at one point or another, so what are you most interested in getting once you upgrade? (I'm just a Newbie too, but hey who cares lol)
Back to top Go down
JacquiGemini
Private
Private
JacquiGemini

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie.   Yet another newbie. Icon_minitime4/20/2011, 12:03 pm

I'd like to get a 29 or 40-gallon soon (the Aqueon delux kits go on sale for a great bargain), move my stock into the bigger tank and start a Nano Reef in my 6.6 gal. I get to take home the expired TFH magazines (which I love) and Ive got so many great ideas. But i live in a trailer that i just bought at the beginning of the year and havn't checked out my support beams and flooring to determine the maximum amount of weight my floor will hold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie.   Yet another newbie. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yet another newbie.
Page 1 of 1