UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

this was sold to me as an elec. blue ahli female so is it

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

this was sold to me as an elec. blue ahli female so is it  Empty
PostSubject: this was sold to me as an elec. blue ahli female so is it    this was sold to me as an elec. blue ahli female so is it  Icon_minitime4/3/2011, 12:58 am

can anyone tell me if this is an elec. blue ahli female if its not then what is she thanks

this was sold to me as an elec. blue ahli female so is it  Is_it_10
Back to top Go down
BobV
Sergeant
Sergeant
BobV

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

PostSubject: Re: this was sold to me as an elec. blue ahli female so is it    this was sold to me as an elec. blue ahli female so is it  Icon_minitime4/3/2011, 1:24 am

pic is small but from the shape of the face, I'd say there's a good chance it is.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: this was sold to me as an elec. blue ahli female so is it    this was sold to me as an elec. blue ahli female so is it  Icon_minitime4/3/2011, 8:08 am

Not sure. This is the reason I buy only from reliable sources. You know what you are getting.
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: this was sold to me as an elec. blue ahli female so is it    this was sold to me as an elec. blue ahli female so is it  Icon_minitime4/3/2011, 8:23 am

The head looks right but the body is off.... they should be long and slender "Torpedo" shaped that one is a bit bulky and thick almost peacock'ish'. The verticle barring concerns me even more. My first guess is a hybrid. I'm not saying no but I'd be careful and to be safe grow it out and give it a little time. If you over feed them as fry/juvies they can sometimes fatten up and look a little "Fat"... Like KMX said, go through a reputable seller and don't worry about it!
JB
Back to top Go down
fishman76092
Private First Class
Private First Class
fishman76092

PostSubject: Re: this was sold to me as an elec. blue ahli female so is it    this was sold to me as an elec. blue ahli female so is it  Icon_minitime5/1/2011, 1:36 pm

jb1edlover wrote:
The head looks right but the body is off.... they should be long and slender "Torpedo" shaped that one is a bit bulky and thick almost peacock'ish'. The verticle barring concerns me even more. My first guess is a hybrid. I'm not saying no but I'd be careful and to be safe grow it out and give it a little time. If you over feed them as fry/juvies they can sometimes fatten up and look a little "Fat"... Like KMX said, go through a reputable seller and don't worry about it!
JB

Agreed. Pic is too small to be sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: this was sold to me as an elec. blue ahli female so is it    this was sold to me as an elec. blue ahli female so is it  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

this was sold to me as an elec. blue ahli female so is it
Page 1 of 1