UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Male guppies dying off !!!!!!! Any Ideas?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bengara11
Private
Private
Bengara11

Favorite Fish: : Guppies, giant gourami, and bichirs

Male guppies dying off !!!!!!! Any Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Male guppies dying off !!!!!!! Any Ideas?   Male guppies dying off !!!!!!! Any Ideas? Icon_minitime3/28/2011, 3:25 pm

I am a hybrid breeder (guppys X mollies)for a local pet store, I just can't figure this one out. I buy usually ribbon red tail, green cobra and blue dragon guppies, endler's for my base stock. what I am have trouble with is that all my male guppies keep dying I am not sure why, the only thing that are surviving are my male black mollies. My hybrid babes are surviving, I have over 67 fry in one tank, of my "black widow guppies" solid black with large red paddle tail.
The Mollies aren't attaching anyone (that I know of) and the water is excellent, and I am constantly replenishing my stock.

Does anyone have ideas?
Back to top Go down
fishcool619
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Male guppies dying off !!!!!!! Any Ideas?   Male guppies dying off !!!!!!! Any Ideas? Icon_minitime4/4/2011, 7:56 pm

go to aqadvisor.com to check your stock to see if your tank is for sure not overstock
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Male guppies dying off !!!!!!! Any Ideas?   Male guppies dying off !!!!!!! Any Ideas? Icon_minitime4/4/2011, 9:06 pm

If the water parameters are good then over crowding seems unlikely but you always would have the potential for stress due to over crowding even if the water tests good.

Of the fish that die are there any signs of illness? Do you always restock from the same supplier?

It could just be that the place you are buying from has a bad supply of fish at the moment compared to the past.

Has anything changed in the way your tank is setup? Filtering? temp? water changes? Think of anything you might of changed no matter how small when these problems first started happening.
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: Male guppies dying off !!!!!!! Any Ideas?   Male guppies dying off !!!!!!! Any Ideas? Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 6:56 am

I've recently had an aquatics LFS manager confide in me that she wishes they'd quit purchasing certain guppy types in. Apparently, they're being over-produced and inbred to the point that there is a very high mortality rate.

You might try a different type or supplier. Could be inbreeding depression making them weak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Male guppies dying off !!!!!!! Any Ideas?   Male guppies dying off !!!!!!! Any Ideas? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Male guppies dying off !!!!!!! Any Ideas?
Page 1 of 1