UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

What do you think?

Go down 
+2
strikingthematch
SchutzhundJunkie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitime3/11/2011, 11:29 pm

I just bought this. I haven't brought it home yet- tomorrow. I have some work to do.

What do you think? IMG_2674
Back to top Go down

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitime3/11/2011, 11:32 pm

Make sure that you check all the seals, you should be good to go.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitime3/12/2011, 12:07 am

Thats a sweet looking tank! Fill it up once outside and let it sit for a day if possible then bring it on in! What size tank is that? Looks pretty tall, it will be a great display tank!
Back to top Go down
theRick
Private
Private
theRick

Favorite Fish: : Bolivian Rams

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitime3/12/2011, 12:09 am

yeah it looks huge. nice purchase -- can't wait to see pics of your progress
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitime3/12/2011, 12:13 am

yes, very nice! Have you decided what types of fish will call it their home ?

yes yes
Back to top Go down
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitime3/12/2011, 1:37 am

I can't set it up outside we are still freezing. I will have to fill it inside and watch it/clean it etc. I don't know what size it really is. They said 55 gallon but it looks a bit bigger than my current 55. I will measure it when I get it home. I am hoping it is 75 but even if it is really a 55 it's ok. I needed to move my bigger tank onto a more secure stand. My husband thought the bulldogs would knock it over sooner or later. I basically bought the stand for $80 and everything else was free.

I think I will set it up with my fancy goldfish for a couple months at least (until pond season). They are pretty tough and I can test it/cycle it. Then about June or so I will decide what I want to do long term. I am thinking discus or angels- I have never done either. Hubby and my daughter like "monster" fish. Me not so much any more.

I am trying to decide if I want new sand or keep the white/tan gravel I have in my old 55 gallon tank. I really like the aragonite but it is spendy. I also like crushed corals.

Thanks- Julie

Back to top Go down

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitime3/12/2011, 7:36 am

If you go with angels and discus crushed coral is out of the question as it raises your PH
Back to top Go down
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitime3/12/2011, 11:42 am

Yeah I know- I still like the way it looks- but I also like sand & gravel....

I am no expert but I did stay at a Holiday in last week sick LOL

Happy Saturday Peeps!

Julie
Back to top Go down
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitime3/12/2011, 12:22 pm

I don't know if it's just my eyes, but the stand looks like it has copper plating on it? Definitely not a stand I've seen before, it has charm to it! I would have bought it too.
Back to top Go down
BobV
Sergeant
Sergeant
BobV

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_minitime3/12/2011, 1:17 pm

You could go down to the gravel pit at AS&G with a couple 5 gal buckets and ask for: first.. runway sand...it is a uniform grain sand that is large enough to not get sucked up in the vacuum, but fine enough for the fish..it also was washed, so there is very little "duff" or powder in it. second choice would be mason sand...that's the sand that masons use for brick, or block laying or pergo floors. once again, pretty uniform grain, but has a bit more dust in it than runway sand. third is play sand from Lowe's etc....very fine and lots of powder. If you like gravel AS&G has what they call winter agg. that's a small rock (smaller than pea gravel) it's what is used on the roads and parking lots in winter. Anyway..worth checking out...The color kinda changes from the pile at the pit to when it is underwater in the aquarium.
runway sand
What do you think? Fish031508039
What do you think? Fish031508027
What do you think? Fish20070121026
winter aggregate
What do you think? Fish20070121007
a few examples
Lowe's play sand
What do you think? Fish100308057
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What do you think? Empty